Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Titans2008 said:
Yea, I remember when Washington bought a defense in the off season and they thought that would work out too.

Peterson is a year away from being eligible. Not just any running back goes in the top 10. If he has a bad year for any number of reasons (injury, suspension, grades, a decline of OU, a better prospect emerging, lack of need at that position for the 10 worst NFL teams, etc etc), he won't be a top 10 pick. It's laughable that you are saying so positively that he will be a year in advance. Then there is that he might want to come back and try to win a championship or God forbid graduate.

Logical would be admitting that you don't have a clue what will happen one year from now and neither can the first poster. I wasn't implying the negative of what you said, but rather pointing out the obvious absurdity that you were cracking on a guy about something you can't possibly have a clue about yet.

No offense, Titan2008, but Adrian Peterson would have come out after his freshman year if he was able to. There was a lot of talk that he would if the Clarett ruling turned out in Clarett's favor. Obviously it did not, but I can assure you with utmost confidence that unless Peterson's leg falls off, he will declare for the NFL draft as soon as he gets a chance to.

fitantitans said:
I'm going out on a limb here, a very thin but green limb. Looking at what we have on our roster and who's contracts will be coming up, I'm thinking that 2007 will see the Titans picking a RB at their #1 pick. Some are saying that the Titans will again be picking high in the order. I personally do not believe that to be true. But if they do, who are the RB prospects going into their senior year?

we drafted white and ganther this year, adrian peterson is going top 3 next year and I hope we don't have a top 3 pick. depending on how tulloch performs, we could go paul poluszny, lb, penn state, an aj hawk clone. but the logical choice should we have a high pick would be OT justin blalock from UT, VY's former protector

Austin_Bill said:
Peterson is the closest thing to Bo Jackson I have seen since Bo. He will be picked in the top 3. Outside of Peterson these are the guys listed by collegefootballnews.com

RB Marshawn Lynch, Cal –
RB Lynell Hamilton, San Diego State –
RB Gary Russell, Minnesota –

you're forgetting a guy who may be drafted higher than any of these guys, michael bush of louisville

We will have other holes to fill next year. If mcNair is at the helm, I see us drafting 5 or 6. With volek at the helm I think it is more variable. He could be an 8-8 qb or he he could be 3-13. It's really a wait and see type thing. But either way, I think we will fill some other positions first.

PhiSlammaJamma said:
We will have other holes to fill next year. If mcNair is at the helm, I see us drafting 5 or 6. With volek at the helm I think it is more variable. He could be an 8-8 qb or he he could be 3-13. It's really a wait and see type thing. But either way, I think we will fill some other positions first.

yeah, like SS, OL & DE. All the other positions to me are set and just need depth (WR, DT, LB, CB, FS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back