Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can see both sides honestly. On the one hand, if a team has guys on their roster right now who can be cut for some random FA who had a decent preseason game then perhaps you need all the help you can get lol.

The only real issue I could potentially see is like say a legit starter goes down in a preseason game and his backup is available in FA. It would be kinda unfair that whoever is "fastest" gets that backup. People have different schedules and not everyone is getting alerts on their phone with breaking news. We've already kinda sorta seen that play out in the past week with Alfred Morris and Jay Cutler.

I really don't care either way. But I can see the argument for each way of doing things.
Your second point is the key imo. When they signed Cutler, I went to pick him up as soon as I saw it but he was already taken. I'd have used a lot of waiver $ to get him because now I'm screed at QB 3. I see both sides of the argument though.

We can vote on it. Not sure now is the most fair to inact it.

My vote would be to leave it alone. I also vote to put it in effect next season if it passes. Need 7 votes one way or the other.

1 no
1 next year.

0 yes
0 this year

Quote this and add your votes.

My vote would be to leave it alone. I also vote to put it in effect next season if it passes. Need 7 votes one way or the other.

1 no
1 next year.

0 yes
0 this year

this year

for the record, i dont care one way or the other. both are valid points.

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree now is a weird time to change it since we're less than a month out from the reg season and it's been a free-for-all up until this point. I do think changing it is probably more fair across the board though.

So.....

2 no
1 yes

3 next year
0 this year

Is that right? Kinda confused by crow's post.

Somehow I doubt we're gonna get to 7 votes lol. Would be nice if we could set a certain time of the year where these kind of issues could be brought up and every member MUST show up and vote one way or the other.

I agree now is a weird time to change it since we're less than a month out from the reg season and it's been a free-for-all up until this point. I do think changing it is probably more fair across the board though.

So.....

2 no
1 yes

3 next year
0 this year

Is that right? Kinda confused by crow's post.

Somehow I doubt we're gonna get to 7 votes lol. Would be nice if we could set a certain time of the year where these kind of issues could be brought up and every member MUST show up and vote one way or the other.

meant to say this year...

this is probably the best time to do it, that are literally *right* before the draft or when the fees are due.

1 no
1 next year.

0 yes
0 this year

I vote yes for next year.

Guys, we need a yes or no AND a this year or next year. 2 part poll.

Crow you have half a vote, Saw I think you voted no, next year?

Hard to tally these rn.

Guys, we need a yes or no AND a this year or next year. 2 part poll.

Crow you have half a vote, Saw I think you voted no, next year?

Hard to tally these rn.
Yeah it's been kinda confusing. Two basic questions, (1) change or keep it the same, (2) do it this year or next.

I voted (1) change it (2) next year.

Vondy said (1) change it (2) this year.

You said (1) don't change it (2) next year.

8and8 said (1) change it (2) next year.

Still not sure where crow stands. So not including him I have it:

Change it= 3 votes
Don't change it= 1 vote

Do it this year= 1 vote
Do it next year= 3 votes

Sounds like rek and calgary are in favor of changing it but haven't officially voted.

I am for changing it this year. That is my official vote.

My own personal opinion, is that I think it will be so insignificant, we have already wasted too much time discussing it.

My own personal opinion, is that I think it will be so insignificant, we have already wasted too much time discussing it.
I agree it's generally gonna be insignificant. There could be instances where it could be huge though. It could've already happened with Cutler. I know everyone loves to shit all over him, but he's now a starting QB and we're a 2QB league.

Rek grabbed him for free because he was quickest and we've already had someone say they would've used a significant amount of FAAB on him. Rek played it fair and square, so not faulting him one bit. I do think it was something that probably needed to be addressed though.

Ironically, rek is the one that brought up this whole thing???

I agree it's generally gonna be insignificant. There could be instances where it could be huge though. It could've already happened with Cutler. I know everyone loves to **** all over him, but he's now a starting QB and we're a 2QB league.

Rek grabbed him for free because he was quickest and we've already had someone say they would've used a significant amount of FAAB on him. Rek played it fair and square, so not faulting him one bit. I do think it was something that probably needed to be addressed though.

Ironically, rek is the one that brought up this whole thing???

yea i said it feels cheesey. Cutler real asset that I got for free (although i did pick him up before it was obvious he was signing, maybe nobody would have bid much).

course i'm assuming any change isn't retroactive :p

as for my official vote i'd change it this year asap.

the yes/no part is confusing. seems like there should only be 3 choices: never change it, change next year, or change this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back