Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
3rd in points and I'm missing the playoffs.

tenor.gif

Fry has 200 more points than Hammer with the same record and hammer got in over him.

I'd like to see the tiebreaker next year be Total Points For instead of head to head. TPF ensures the better team wins the tiebreaker.

you have to earn the playoffs. maybe next time dont lose to those you are tied with
I wouldn't have made it anyways. I just think tpf is the best tiebreaker. Literally every league I've ever been in has been tpf. It's the fairest, least complicated way and makes the most sense.

Earning the playoffs. Lol. Putting up points is the way you earn wins.

I prefer total points being the tiebreaker as well. Just makes more sense to me and is more simple. It doesn't really bother me as-is though. But if it were put to a vote I'd definitely vote for total points.

I wouldn't have made it anyways. I just think tpf is the best tiebreaker. Literally every league I've ever been in has been tpf. It's the fairest, least complicated way and makes the most sense.
disagree. if i am tied with someone (rekirts) and I have beaten him this season and he hasn't beaten me, why in the hell should he get the spot above me? just cuz he got a measly 40 points more total? that's bull shit

disagree. if i am tied with someone (rekirts) and I have beaten him this season and he hasn't beaten me, why in the hell should he get the spot above me? that's ridiculous
Because you had no bearing on Reks performance when you played head to head. Reks team would have put up the same points that week no matter if he played you, Fred, sdm, etc.

disagree. if i am tied with someone (rekirts) and I have beaten him this season and he hasn't beaten me, why in the hell should he get the spot above me? that's ridiculous
H2H is not the norm in my experience. Total points makes the most sense imo because it takes the entire season into consideration. One single game throughout a 13-game season shouldn't have so much riding on it.

H2H is not the norm in my experience. Total points makes the most sense imo because it takes the entire season into consideration. One single game throughout a 13-game season shouldn't have so much riding on it.
it absolutely should if it is between you and one other person. if they beat you, they get in, and vice versa.

Because you had no bearing on Reks performance when you played head to head. Reks team would have put up the same points that week no matter if he played you, Fred, sdm, etc.
and your point is???? he lost, to me. if we are fighting for a position in the standings 1vs1 and i beat him, it should be mine, and vice versa.

it absolutely should if it is between you and one other person. if they beat you, they get in, and vice versa.
It's fine you feel that way. But again, that's just not my experience. You're missing 8and8's point. You keep saying "beat" as if one team's performance affects the other. But this is all just random luck of the draw. Getting matched up with the one team who could beat you in a given week shouldn't end up keeping you out of the playoffs if your total points scored is significantly higher over the course of a season. Total points is the much better indicator of how good a given team is.

It's fine you feel that way. But again, that's just not my experience. You're missing 8and8's point. You keep saying "beat" as if one team's performance affects the other. But this is all just random luck of the draw. Getting matched up with the one team who could beat you in a given week shouldn't end up keeping you out of the playoffs if you're total points scored is significantly higher over the course of a season.
if you beat someone and then are tied with them at the end of the season, but you don't get playoffs because they had 10 more points-for than you... is that really fair? I say no. You beat them, that's the name of the game, we are in a h2h fantasy league, h2h matchups should hold some weight

I like h2h as the tiebreaker. More shit talking, fun to say "I beat you and kept you out". If we just cared about points we could give the trophy to whoever scores the most. Fantasy football is supposed to be fun.

But I don't really care lol. Most leagues probably do PF

I like h2h as the tiebreaker. More **** talking, fun to say "I beat you and kept you out". If we just cared about points we could give the trophy to whoever scores the most. Fantasy football is supposed to be fun.

But I don't really care lol. Most leagues probably do PF
Yeah I get that aspect of it. I'm really fine with it either way. Just prefer the PF as I think it's more fair to teams overall performance throughout the season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back