Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
If this is true, then its great news for the Titans cause we'regonna get something out of this deal

I guess the Ravens want Mcnair quite bad....................

didn't it start out as a 5th - and only a 5th ?

if it's now a 4th that could escalate to a 3rd it should be done by now
I can't see Reese waiting any longer if that's the offer

baltimore is offering a fourth that would escelate to a third based on playing time. tennessee is holding out for a third that would escelate a second.

click ^

This is a question of ratios. Tennessee doesn't have the jack :greedy: to swing this deal and McNair has an over inflated sense of his own value. What is the market going to bear for us? It doesn't fly does it? Do you know what does(do) fly? Ravens. McNair is a coconut and it looks as if he is migrating. McNair has found the market bears nice for him, and you can't blame the guy for breaking one off in us... he just wants to start. Right? We can't afford the guy anymore and sadly he's not as great as he once was in the past. He's just a big of a risk as our young draft pick, Vince Young. Over time it's really not the best thing to do. Volek didn't sell out (even though I'm not sure he could have) but I do know he tells his agent to shut his pie hole if it's warranted... Volek tells his agent what he wants and his agent gets it done. That's the way Volek keeps drew rosenhaus on the choke chain... that pig dog has lost alot of clients, hasn't he? :suspect:
If it's coming from Bus it's coming from Steve.

Could we offer to trade McNair for Ray Lewis? hahaha

whew!!! that would be wild. posters don't like Ray.:ha:

bigtitan53279 said:
baltimore is offering a fourth that would escelate to a third based on playing time. tennessee is holding out for a third that would escelate a second.

Ok, I highly doubt that Baltimore is improving its offer. I hope so, but it's doubtful at best. Right now McNair has the Titans by the proverbial hang downs!! And the Ravens do as well, unless there is some information that another team has entered the bidding. Even then, if McNair doesn't reach a deal with them (a mythical other bidder), the Titans are screwed. So Steve McNair controls this situation, completely. And if he wants to be a Raven, he will be, unless the Titans swallow all of that 23.6 million cap hit. Why would they? They can't, and even if they could, you've pissed McNair off to the point I don't think you want him.
Unless the Ravens are desparate (and granted, I could see Billick feeling the heat pretty strong) they will just wait this out.
I sure hope it's true, and if the Titans can get a 4th rounder, that could be upgraded to a 3rd, they should do it in a second. It would be dumber than dumb to try and hold out and end up getting nothing for him.

Cut Sirmon, restructure Olson or Piller or Bulluck and we've got the money to keep McNair and sign our draft picks. The Ravens do not have all the cards. And I bet Vince doesn't sign until late in the offseason anyway, so we do hold some of the cards. Meet in the middle - take a straight 3rd. Ravens get what they could have potentially given up if McNair pans out, and we get the 3rd we lost for Henry this year. Do it!

That would be a sweet deal. I think it's more than fair. He did make the probowl last year and I think that is helping from a promotional standpoint. I'll get to watch him a lot here in DC, but I don't think I can root for him as a Raven. If he got to the superbowl I may just have to do it tho' cause it could mean the HOF. I'm torn. Cause I really hate the Ravens.

berkmanmvp2 said:
Ok, I highly doubt that Baltimore is improving its offer. I hope so, but it's doubtful at best.
Titans might deal McNair
<Jun. 3> An arbitrator's ruling forcing Tennessee to allow McNair to re-enter its headquarters may prompt the Titans to finally deal him to Baltimore, the Tennessean reports.

The Titans haven't given up on restructuring the contract of the veteran QB, but they are also very worried about the possiblity of having to absorb McNair's $23.46 million salary cap number if he got hurt on their property.

With voluntary workouts looming next week, the Titans will likely spend the next couple of days negotiating with McNair before deciding on their next course of action.

"I'm sure we'll try to get in touch [with McNair's agent]," Titans general manager Floyd Reese told the Nashville City Paper. "What we've said is that we'd like to sit down and have a face-to-face and see what happens."

However, McNair has already agreed in principle on a deal with the Ravens that would earn him an $11 million signing bonus and a $1 million base salary in 2006. All indications are the quarterback is ready for a fresh start, and is merely waiting for the Titans and Ravens to work out a trade.

The Ravens reportedly have offered a conditional fourth-round pick that would escalate to a third-round pick based on McNair's playing time. The Titans want a third-round choice that could bump up to a second-rounder.

Mac does not hold the cards in this scenario. Floyd Reese still holds the cards. Just by restructuring Bulluck alone we can sign all our other draft picks besides VY. Thus we can easily hold onto Mac until just before training camp when VY signs his deal. I would think that it is not out of the realm of possibilities that some other team steps up and inquires about Mac which would force a bidding war between the Ravens and the other team. Remember last yr the Jags showed interest in Henry and Reese immediately upped his offer to a 3rd. Their is a record number of cap dollars still available and I'm sure plenty of teams would love to have Mac for a cap hit of a little over 3 mil which is what his Ravens deal is.

4th with potential for a conditional 3rd is about what he's worth - and Mac should be the starter there. You can't predict injuries, but I think that's about the the right value. I'm guessing they're discussing things seriously if that's on the table - driving to how many games/snaps/injury/etc triggers the 3rd.

If I'm in Baltimore this makes a lot of sense to me to make the 3rd conditional. I'm betting we wished we made our 3rd round draft pick for Henry conditional too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back