Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
yeah even though we want him and maybe can sign him with the cuts but Mac doesn't really want to be here anymore after the altercation!!

TitanJeff said:
I remember this time last year when people were saying Volek was easily worth a third-rounder and maybe a second.

I heard the 2nd rounder talked about when Pennington went down with the Jets, but not before that. Shows what a difference a year makes. Volek's stock was about as high as it ever was then coming off some huge games.

Yes, we thought Volek was worth a third. I think most people think that McNair is worth much more than Volek. I think a reasonable straight up value trade for mac would be a second, maybe with a kicker like a 4th or 5th. However, that's not what's going on. We aren't just trading mac away. He was too expensive for us to keep. He didn't want to renegotiate. We drafted our QB of the future. We played our hand, and every move decreased his trade value. Baltimore quite possibly could have had him for free in a month. To get a 4th rounder for giving him up a month early is a deal. If he was still under a reasonable contract for two more years, do you think we would have traded him for a 2nd?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back