Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah the playoffs would be sweet.

BIPOLAR. Nope Steve Young never made it to the end zone. I know the exact game and play you are talking about but the play ends on the 1 yard line.

A Viking QB was the only person to successfully complete a TD to themselves. Can't remember his name.

Well him and VY this season.

BlazingArrow#9 said:
BIPOLAR. Nope Steve Young never made it to the end zone. I know the exact game and play you are talking about but the play ends on the 1 yard line.
holy crap!
I can't believe I got an answer for that.
What was the game?
I wanted to google up something to read about in regards
to that but all of my google search efforts were futile.

hugh1.jpg

Brad Johnson was the one who actually completed it to himself.

Youngs took me some digging a couple years back I will have to look it up again. I know I argued I saw the game and had a whole group of followers and then some 9er fan came with the facts.

The play was I back play action and young when to the left tried to get it to the TE was deflected by the D back to him but he was taken down at the 1. I am thinking vs St Louis for some reason .... and it was in 1993.

Soxcat said:
What the heck does Ryan Leaf have to do with anything? :crazy:
Volek was an UNDRAFTED FA who played behind one of the best QBs in the league up until the last couple off years. .
One of his better receivers, Bennett, is another Undrafted Freeagent. The Titans have been good about finding needles in a haystack.

The only teams that were trying to deal for Volek " a few years back" were looking for a solid backup so Volek chose to stay in TN where he knew McNair's career was nearing an end. You think Volek should have gone to Atlanta and tried to beat out Vick?
If I remember correctly, Green Bay was interested in him also. Noone, including Volek, thought that he would over-throw the Head Cheese!
Nonoe of the teams that were interested in Billy offered him a starting job.

Nov. 28, 1993, at Anaheim Stadium: 49ers 35, Rams 10

Young throws for four TDs and 462 yards. Rams play without seven starters because of injury and off-field problems.

Oct. 31, 1993, at Candlestick Park: 49ers 40, Rams 17

In his first NFL start, T.J. Rubley throws two interceptions and gets sacked seven times. With offensive tackle Jackie Slater injured, Darryl Ashmore makes his NFL debut.

this is all can find so far.
google.gif

BlazingArrow#9 said:
Yeah the playoffs would be sweet.

A Viking QB was the only person to successfully complete a TD to themselves. Can't remember his name.

Well him and VY this season.
http://www.gotitans.com/goForum/showpost.php?p=174046&postcount=25 :doh:
BlazingArrow#9 said:
Young recieves a TD pass from himself to with game 9 in Jacksonville.

Can not tell you how it happens it is just in the stars.
holy crap! I thought of that yesterday sorta... when (I believe it was Steve Young) <---pretty darn sure... he caught his down deflection or something for a TD... but was the pass complete or what? How did they score that?

The 49ers were playing somebody?
google.gif

:ha:

So how 'bout the great white hope Volek???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back