Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.

archived

Prospect
LEGEND
Moola
SUMMARY: Tennessee Titans owner Bud Adams places a lot of the blame for the team's standoff with Steve McNair at the feet of agent Bus Cook. "Steve has been a fantastic player for us. He’s led us to a Super Bowl. We want to always be a friend with him, but it’s kind of gotten a little bit ragged toward the [end],” Adams said. “I always bring that on the agents, not on Steve, the agents — that’s their bread and butter." Adams went on to say the situation is close to what the team went through with Eddie George a few years ago. "I think he’d have to get his salary down. That’s what we’ve asked him to do is cut his salary down. Steve Underwood and Floyd Reese are working on that," Adams said. "I would have rather seen Eddie George in our uniform rather than a Cowboys uniform, but it didn’t happen. We wanted him to stay too."

What do you think about this article? Post your comments below.

TitanJeff said:
Lamont Smith.

aka "Big Dummy" Lamont
sanford_and_son_1.jpg

nigel said:
No. I'm pretty sure his only clients are McNair, Favre and Cutler.
He also represents Titans RT David Stewart and basketball player Erick Dampier. He was a co-agent, with a few others, for Randy Moss. His agent profile says he's negotiated 19 active NFL contracts, but doesn't list them.

So what are we saying here, Bud's right?

I sort of respet Adams for standing up and saying that Bus is the blame although I'm not exactly sure why

"...but it’s kind of gotten a little bit ragged toward the [end],”

Can't tell if this is exactly what he said because of the brackets around [end], but if it is, this is the single most telling thing Bud has said about the situation.

Man this is just like some lame soap opera; a lot of yapping but nothing every really gets resolved.

"Like sands through the hourglass, so are the Days of Our Titans"

:sleepy:

Cooks constant demands have inflamed the situation publicaly more than anything else. He has used the media to post demands consistently, and he has also tried to force the Titans hand several times into a trade by saying a deal was imminent, etc.

I rarely agree with Adams, but on this one, I do. Bus Cook ONLY earns commission IF McNairs deal is rewritten. Do you REALLY think he has McNair's :kiss: best interests in mind or his own? :sad2:

Bud is exactly right. But the Titans share some of the blame in this too. They basically tied their own hands by backloading Steve's contract several years ago. Everyone knew that $23 mill this year would never be paid, so the Titans forced their own hand.

Steve also has some blame in this also. Who's running the show, Bus Cook or Steve McNair? The players let these agents run their affairs too much. Yes, it's thier job to get the best deal for their client, but how much money do these guys need? Steve's career is nearly over, he's going to fall on his face in Baltimore, get hurt or play poorly and Kyle Boller will be starting by mid-season. There's a sucker born every moment, and Baltimore is the sucker. What have they seen from Steve that makes them think he's a 12 mill per year QB?

This is Eddie all over again.

JDee

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back