Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
goTitans.com said:
SUMMARY: Wynn Silberman, hinted yesterday that he may advise his client to leave training camp at some point if discussions don't begin towards an extension or trade. "We are trying to be diplomatic about this," Silberman said.
In the business world, this would be referred to as SUICIDE.

Vigsted said:
..., but it's also smart for Brown to get a deal done before he risks anything.
It's not a smart way to get a deal by threatening to play hardball with Reese, because Reese can play some hardball with the best.

Brown has zero leverage here. Time to shut up and show what your worth, then talk.

I agree with Soxcat, I don't have a problem with the agent asking for a trade or an offer, and trying to find another team to ask for a trade, but if they take the step to pull him from practice, it's insane. Sitting out is over the line, hurts the team and the player, and won't do anything but help Henry and White.

It's one of those things, where, I know where's he coming from, but like was said, their is only one team who wants him right now. The market is dry. And the agent needs to understand they have no leverage. Much like Volek. Sometimes you just have to live with the opportunity you have, even if it sucks. Sometimes the mouse falls into a vat of milk. It can either drown or make butter.

GoTitans3801 said:
Fighting at 3? Isn't that a little early? Shouldn't he be working on the alphabet or something?

Well, he sounds like he was dotting some "i"s.

180px-Black_eye.JPG

Browns agents are just a distraction, they arent doing it properly, sure if you look on Brown's side its looking out for his future... but why do it by having your agent be a distraction?

I seriously don't get why people are on Brown's back because of this. Take a look around the league, it happens everywhere. Up in NE Branch is holding out because the Patriots won't give him a new contract. All Brown is asking for is for negotiations to start or at the least be told if the Titans plan on keeping him around after this year or if he should start looking for other teams.

branch has the levergae necessary to hold out. he is their only experienced wr worth a damn and is tom brady's number one target.

chris brown hasnt even cracked 1100 yards and in my mind has proven he is not durable.

When was the last time Brown put up a 100 yard game?

not 98 yards but a buck and change?

http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/players/player/gamelogs/2005/397221

http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/397221/gamelogs/2004

trade talk stuff brings out the hater in me.
he better get a muzzle on that agent cuz if he's weak sauce in action
the fans will have had enough (I'd hope so.) Everyone and their brother is calling for Calico's head. Half the island or more would maroon Woolfolk. There are too many sympathizers. Brown's performance record does not dictate up front big money. nothing ungodly anyway. Nobody trusts him not to go down to injury

I'm w/ you BP in that Brown and agent need to accept that the market isn't going to get them what they want right now. But honestly, I can't blame them for trying.

Funny you've mentioned the top 3 2003 draft picks in your post. 2003 was a Baaaaaaa'aaaaad year for Floyd & company.

Vigsted said:
All Brown is asking for is for negotiations to start or at the least be told if the Titans plan on keeping him around after this year or if he should start looking for other teams.
The Titans don't know what their plans are for Brown next year, until they see what he can do this year.

Bud Adams is doing the same thing with Reese and Fisher's contracts.
Let's see how they all do this year, and then negotiations can begin for everyone's next contract.

Slackmaster said:
If I were running the show, I would tell the agent that for every report I heard in the media that served as a distraction, any extention talks would be pushed back a month, and the dollar value would be reduced by a half million per year.

DAMN STRAIGHT !! :yes:

SEC 330 BIPOLAR said:
Everyone and their brother is calling for Calico's head. Half the island or more would maroon Woolfolk. There are too many sympathizers. Brown's performance record does not dictate up front big money.

that's right ..... that's it
let them all catch a new ride

I cannot (without a slight exception for Brown) see much of a reason to keep either one of them
one of them can barely cover undrafted rookies
another one catches passes with his face
and the last one is suffering from dillusion of grandeur

As I see it if he gets what he wants from this he gets traded to another team. If he gets injured at the new team he has no where to go. He basically proves that he can not stay on the field and probably does not make that team or any other the next year.

Plan two he stay on the Titan we see how he plays and maybe we keep him. If he get injured we still probably keep him and drop him to #3 sign him for almost nothing and he is still playing in the NFL. Maybe not the career he was wanting but still an existence in the NFL.

I can not see any other team giving him a chance if he is injured.

His agent is blowing allot of smoke up is a** right now and someone needs to take Brown aside and just show him his stats then slap him repeatedly until he understands.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back