Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
The key word here is simply potential, hey if he stays healthy and our O line gets it together maybe he will have another 2004 season, which he stays healthy and O line play is better.... all "potential"

Soxcat said:
Brown is a starter and has run for 1000+ yards in the NFL.
and Travis Henry is a probowler. So?

Brown reminds me of the $1 value menu at McDonalds. I just want a Bigmouthburger from Chilis or a Kingburger from Fatburger... I think Brown needs to shut the hell up because he hasn't accomplished jack squat. Brown is not a marginal player? Brown is the epitome of marginal. I wouldn't go as far as to label him fringe player though. If he was a meal you can bet your arse he would come in a paper bag and cost less than $5.00.

Speaking of paper bags there are times when I am watching Brown at the Coliseum and I feel compelled to put a paper bag on my head. :baghead: There have been times where it has seemed as if Brown can not rip off a 10+ yard run without someone holding... (thus creating a hole large enough to drive that rig in your avatar through)

I was watching STL RB Jackson last night on TV. I'm jealous. That guy runs north and south and has the explosiveness you keep talking about (that we have in Brown) ... This agent bs with Brown has me upset with him... He needs to go out and put up 100+ yards... then we can look at an extension.

btw- Indianapolis rookie RB Joseph Addai looked good as well.

Yes, one can get full on McNuggets. Pass the weak sauce.
Consider this. Backs that are taken very early in the draft earn 3+ mil right out of the gate before they have proven anything. Would everyone rather take that chance, paying a guy big bucks before we know if they are good or reliable? 1st round draft picks get what Brown is asking from day one and you used a high draft pick as well.
Using this logic would you rather have TB RB Williams or MIA RB Brown vs. our Chris Brown?
t1_carnell_all.jpg
t1_brown_getty.jpg

SEC 330 BIPOLAR said:
Using this logic would you rather have TB RB Williams or MIA RB Brown vs. our Chris Brown?

Using your logic would you rather have CHI Benson or ARI Arrington vs. our Chris Brown?

Or maybe:
CIN Chris Perry
DET Kevin Jones
DEN Ron Dayne
Trung Canidate (no team)
CLE William Green
STL Steven Jackson

All 1st or very early 2nd round picks that, imo, are not any better than Brown.

Vigsted said:
As I've said repeatedly, Brown's only problem is staying healthy. Our offensive line is to blame for short yardage situations

Well if you think Brown is good in short yardage, then you've repeatedly been wrong :lol:

Vigsted said:
Using your logic would you rather have CHI Benson or ARI Arrington vs. our Chris Brown?

Or maybe:
CIN Chris Perry
DET Kevin Jones
DEN Ron Dayne
Trung Canidate (no team)
CLE William Green
STL Steven Jackson

All 1st or very early 2nd round picks that, imo, are not any better than Brown.

http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/492963

I'd rather have Steven Jackson thanks. I watched him last night and I liked the way he talked on camera. here is his player page. He had 15 starts and 1000+ yards. He doesn't seem like a wuss and doesn't run east west sideways for minimal gain as he rips his tendons out.

Chris Brown does have a much better haircut.:yes:

SEC 330 BIPOLAR said:
here is his player page. He had 15 starts and 1000+ yards.

Brown achieved +1000 yards in 11 games in 2004, so what?
Lat year he got 851 yards on 224 carries. Jackson got 1046 on 254 carries. If you give Brown the additional 30 carries with the same avg. he would be just 80 yards short of Jackson. And then I won't even mention that St. Louis has a better pass offence to assist their runninggame :winker:

Puck said:
just a guess..... but Steven Jackson will do MUCH better than Chris BRown this year (or in years to come)
Code:
Steven Jackson	vs. IND
No	Yds	Avg	Long	TD
5	41	8.2	23	0
Chris Brown will be fine, right? That's what everyone else is saying. There are dozens of posts I've read that say he did well and all that. I don't see how I can be in such the minority and be right so I must be wrong. I can live with that. As long as the dude keeps a decent per carry average and does not get hurt and leave games or misses starts due to injury, or tests positive for weak sauce... I'll get off his back. Hardly anyone sums him as sub par so I'll just get off his back and quietly hope he gets his carries and breaks some huge runs that change the outcome of games. I don't just wear that gif tag because I love two tone blue. I want the team to have a great running back and I'll hold out hope for that. Maybe Reynaldo can come along with a fist full of mud and rub the hate out of my eyes. :ha:

I still don't think he needs to be talking about an extention at this point. I'm sticking to that.

i don't get it

did you or did you not agree with the statement ?

do you really think Chris will have a better year than Steve-O ?

I'll pimp him anyway ...

I agree with you .. he doesn't have alot of room to make demands

let's give him a contract based on last year's performance = LOW guarantees
perk some incentives if he hits 100 and scores
bonus if he dresses and converts on 3rd and short
I wonder how long people will continue to live in those few games in '04 where he had 100 before HALFTIME - apparently his agent still is

It'd be great if he'd fire (or at least suppress) his agent, get in games (stay in games) and play like he did in '04 ... then it'd be easier to negotiate his needs

Puck said:
just a guess..... but Steven Jackson will do MUCH better than Chris BRown this year (or in years to come)

MUCH better. Or, just better.

He may have a better season than CB. But, not by much.

If at all.

Puck said:
i don't get it

did you or did you not agree with the statement ?

do you really think Chris will have a better year than Steve-O ?

I'll pimp him anyway ...
Do I really think Chris will have a better year than Steve-O ?

I really don't know. I think Jackson looked good on TV the other night. I think he looked better than Brown did saturday. Then again the Colts had some guys out and their first team was thin. They seem to have some depth issues. I'd rather have Shaun Alexander.
Bobo said:
Love the sig Puck.
He authored the tag I'm using as well.

I think Jackson has the opportunity to pull off a 1200 yd / 10 td season (or more)
hell, he came close to that last year (1050-8)
he's probably gonna see 80% of the RB snaps

Brown on the other hand, is going to share carries
and I wouldn't think that he'd be the option at the goalline
i'm gonna guess 200 carries 800 yards / 6 td's (and that's generous)

thats what I'm sayin'

SEC 330 BIPOLAR said:
He authored the tag I'm using as well.

CBsig.jpg

thanks for the run
that was the first one i did
when I threw it out there, I knew you'd play it
i'm glad you're using it

now let's hope he chokes his agent and runs like hell !!! :spudnikha

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts