Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gut said:
I don't think some people on this board understand what it means when we say VY is not ready.
:ha: Amen.
He doesn't simply need to learn the playbook! And even he that was all, he'd still need a ton of time. His Texas offense was basic...by High School Standards. He needs to learn an NFL offense this time.
in his own words, he addressed that what what staff have given him is similar except for 'language'. I'm sure he currently holds an abbreviated volume and there should be simplification for him ..... as well, as some customization , but I don't see a need to have an erroneous amount of playcalling if he can run a sizable amount of it with success. The time I see a need for bulk, is when alot of it isn't working.

Third, learning to read an NFL D is where this all becomes a problem! In Texas he had one read...period. For a guy who's made no pre-snap reads out of a basic offense with basically no reading of the defense...and this is a big problem which will take a lot of time, practice, and film room before he even BEGINS to grasp this.
I find it hard to believe that a 1 read QB was capable of producing such a high completion % . Don't you think opposing teams would have figured out that he had no progression and only focused on a single hot route ?
doesn't seem like it would take alot of thought to figure out where the play was going, which should have led to more passes defended. That should credit his speed of release ..... or ineptitude of defense
a leaky OL is a great way for VY to get crushed.
I think the OL will be solid this year, and maybe the FO does too since it really didn't address the issue through the draft. getting Vince crushed would not be good
We've seen it before...high profile rookie QB's come in and get sacked a zillion times. Some never recover from taking that kind of beating.
Physically or mentally, and Reese and Jeff have both commented on that.
The one caveat is if the Titans are doing so poorly, the only way for Fisher and Reese to keep their jobs is to play VY so it's 'expected' that we'd have a poor record. This is a poor excuse of a reason to start him, but I could see it happen.
ya know, as much as people think that will save their jobs, I think it may just accelerate the opposite.
I see it with a different spin though ..... Imagine we're doing well and we're actually in contention for a plyoff spot and our current starter goes down with an injury, and you're oh so close .
So utilize him in specific short yardage and goal line situations. This will give him limited pre-snap reads, limited plays and get him use to game speed. This is an excellent option for the Titans as they won't hurt his long time development and give him SOME experience at the same time.
this is kind of a paradox of your discussion, but I realize that your focus is on him as a full time starter; and I agree that scripting some situational plays that bring him in for spot work is an excellent way to bring him along

Good post Gut, I have to agree with 99% of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back