Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
You know the agent had discussions with Philly regarding AJB's market value and what it would take. AJB didn't fly blind into Philly as you're suggesting. AJB made numerous statements he wanted to stay in TN UNTIL he started receiving what he referred to as "low-ball offers".

I agree I don't care about the AJB situation any more, our best WR went to another team and the GM was fired for that and other bad decisions. But don't act like EVERY person here wouldn't take market pay over a pay cut of 20%.
Is that not tampering? He was under contract with Tennessee and not scheduled to even be a FA. I know the league has gotten really lax on the FA market.
That would also be a strange contact, unless the agent was contacting 31 other teams, unless JRob told his agent that he was possibly getting traded and to who.

And at no point was a pay cut on the table. He was going from a rookie contract to a big contract no matter where he went, including staying put.

Is that not tampering? He was under contract with Tennessee and not scheduled to even be a FA. I know the league has gotten really lax on the FA market.
That would also be a strange contact, unless the agent was contacting 31 other teams, unless JRob told his agent that he was possibly getting traded and to who.

And at no point was a pay cut on the table. He was going from a rookie contract to a big contract no matter where he went, including staying put.
Yes- pay cut bad word use on my part. 20% less than market value is what I meant to say. (But I think you know that).

I get AJ was overpaid but if we were really trying to win it all, should have just given him the money and then blown it up after a couple of years if it didn't work out. Defense has been keeping it close, DH22 can't carry an entire offense anymore, this offense really is lacking a legit number 1 receiver.

Tanny, AJ, DH22, and Chig this year, we would have been good.

I get AJ was overpaid but if we were really trying to win it all, should have just given him the money and then blown it up after a couple of years if it didn't work out. Defense has been keeping it close, DH22 can't carry an entire offense anymore, this offense really is lacking a legit number 1 receiver.

Tanny, AJ, DH22, and Chig this year, we would have been good.
i think this a very fair take.

I’m not really convinced Brown could overcome Downing, but at least the team would acknowledge that purchase plus a couple other big contracts means to prepare for a huge house cleaning whether W or L.

the point was about the trade... The Inhaler not here without trade... and B11 was on Titans in 21... looking into 22 O looked same IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back