Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's a clip of Matt Leinarts pro-day at espn.com, as well as interviews with Chow and Fisher. To me he looked good and I would not be sad to see us draft him as the #1 QB.

White didn't seem concerned about not being able to work out. "I'm the only true big back in the first round, and people who want the physical runner are going to have to look at me," he said.

Is this kid getting career advice from Maurice Clarett or something? Sounds like he's got a sense of entitlement.

Vigsted said:
There's a clip of Matt Leinarts pro-day at espn.com, as well as interviews with Chow and Fisher. To me he looked good and I would not be sad to see us draft him as the #1 QB.

36 of 46 with 4 drops and several "floaters". Leinart admitted himself he wasn't as sharp as he would have liked to have been. Plus he didn't run- wonder why?

Riverman said:
36 of 46 with 4 drops and several "floaters". Leinart admitted himself he wasn't as sharp as he would have liked to have been. Plus he didn't run- wonder why?

Well, I would have liked him to run as well, but unlike VY it's not an integral part of his game, so I understand why he skipped it, although I think he should have done it.

And personally I don't put that much stock in the actual number of completions in these excercises. Unless his throws were all over the place, the important thing is to see how he sets up, releases and how the ball gets there.

it's very interesting how everything is hush hush on Leinart's pro day. As much as the media loves Leinart his pro day must have been totally unimpresive.

bromike said:
it's very interesting how everything is hush hush on Leinart's pro day. As much as the media loves Leinart his pro day must have been totally unimpresive.

Yea, I would assume if Cutler or Young missed 10 passes we would have heard comments like they were going to drop. Seems like Leinart wasn't spectacular at all and we don't hear anything.

I think the main difference is that Leinart has been one of the top passers in the nation for the last three years while Young and Cutler have only recently made that claim. I don't think there is any reason to think that Leinart can't throw all of the sudden. I'm sure he just had the jitters.

I seriously doubt LenDale White gets out of the first. There are the Colts, but there is Pittsburgh at the end of the round, and New England and Denver before that, though I think Denver could take Maroney.

In round two, the Jets could take him, Green Bay, SF, Oakland -- all could make a case. I don't see it happening.

Titans2008 said:
I think the main difference is that Leinart has been one of the top passers in the nation for the last three years while Young and Cutler have only recently made that claim. I don't think there is any reason to think that Leinart can't throw all of the sudden. I'm sure he just had the jitters.

Jitters like an all-pro NFL defensive end can give you?

Titans2008 said:
I think the main difference is that Leinart has been one of the top passers in the nation for the last three years while Young and Cutler have only recently made that claim. . . .
Does Leinart have two years more experience that Young and Cutler? If so, maybe that's why.

I think Cutler was a four year starter. Young redshirted and then started 2 and a half seasons I think. Leinart played in a few games as a freshman and then started his last three seasons.

:cool: All the bickering aside, if Leinart had an avg workout doesn't this put us in the catbirds seat, as all three should be there at the 3 spot?

Bipolar goes off...

Slipjack said:
All the bickering aside, if Leinart had an avg workout doesn't this put us in the catbirds seat, as all three should be there at the 3 spot?
Haven't you heard?
rant.gif
When Matt Leinart lays an egg the whole world swears it's made of gold. Jay Cutler has to be perfect in hurricane gail type wind with both eyes gouged out with fire ants in his football pants before he can get a lick of praise. People talk about Vince Young like he can't write his own name let alone go back for a senior year of college.
rant.gif
The whole world has been telling Matt Leinart that he is the epitome of the NFL's golden boy... He's already talking like he's going to take a bite out of the Big Apple...
rant.gif
He's like... yeah, uh... I can be that kind of super star... I can be this generations Joe Nameth... let me grab my sportscream, my leggins, my shades and my fur and I'll see you out there for warm-ups right after I finish this ciggarette because I'm OLD SCHOOL!!!
rant.gif
Yeah, baby... I don't need to run to play football... I'll just take three step drops all day long...the 40? Oh you mean this beer? Yeah, me and Rothlisburger are homeboys... I love to P - A - R - T - Y ... PARTY!!! Yeah!!!

ya i think leinhart is a cocky little fag and couldnt admit after the rose bowl game that texas was better than them, and that vince is the better qb

GhostZ said:
ya i think leinhart is a cocky little fag and couldnt admit after the rose bowl game that texas was better than them, and that vince is the better qb
:eek: I'm not trying to preech hate here... your response is funny though. I wouldn't go as far as to call him a fag. Peyton is a fag. You only save that for somebody worth hatin on... but, seriously, as a fan, Leinart gets praise when he poops on the rug. He can do no wrong and just wait and see... He will get the Peyton treatment once he is the man somewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back