Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll tell you what will happen :

McNair will "win" ... they will tell Tennessee to let McNair in or whatever...

Then Tennessee will say..."Hell naw!"

Then he will be cut. There will be no trade...

We will cut off our nose to spite our face...

because...

"it's in the best interests of the team"

and that's the WORD.

stephencolbert.jpg

SEC 330 BIPOLAR said:
I'll tell you what will happen :

McNair will "win" ... they will tell Tennessee to let McNair in or whatever...

Then Tennessee will say..."Hell naw!"

Then he will be cut. There will be no trade...

We will cut off our nose to spite our face...

because...

"it's in the best interests of the team"

and that's the WORD.

stephencolbert.jpg

I think it will go down a little differently.

June 1 - Abritrator rules in McNair's favor, Titans agree to let McNair back in the facility

June 2 - Bus Cook cries to the Tennessean and any one else who will listen that Steve is being treated unfairly and will not show up at BSP until the Titans give them a reasonable three year deal with proper guarantees for a player of his stature.

July 15 - We wait until now to release McNair just to mess with the Ravens who still haven't offered anything other than their 5th round pick. Screw you and your measly 5th rounder Baltimore.

July 16 - Vince Young signs on the dotted line. and Volek's 16 game tryout season officially begins.

McNair starts 9 games for Baltimore this year and they barely miss the playoffs. Salary cap hell escalates for the dirty ratbirds.

I thought he said he was handling other matters as well and would try to rule by the first of June. (Don't know whether he meant "first" literally.)

Broken Record said:
I think it will go down a little differently.

June 1 - Abritrator rules in McNair's favor, Titans agree to let McNair back in the facility

June 2 - Bus Cook cries to the Tennessean and any one else who will listen that Steve is being treated unfairly and will not show up at BSP until the Titans give them a reasonable three year deal with proper guarantees for a player of his stature.

July 15 - We wait until now to release McNair just to mess with the Ravens who still haven't offered anything other than their 5th round pick. Screw you and your measly 5th rounder Baltimore.

July 16 - Vince Young signs on the dotted line. and Volek's 16 game tryout season officially begins.

McNair starts 9 games for Baltimore this year and they barely miss the playoffs. Salary cap hell escalates for the dirty ratbirds.

You forgot the most important part.

*Week 10 - Vince Young gets his first start, filling in for an injured Billy Volek. The rest is Tennessee Titans history.*

I really don't want Volek to get hurt, but I doubt if he makes it through the entire season. And by Week 10, Young will be the guy that comes in if Volek is hurt.

I'm ready for some football. :))

SUMMARY: An arbitrator ruled Wednesday that the Tennessee Titans cannot keep Steve McNair from working out on their property as long as he has a contract with the team. General Counsel Richard Berthelsen called it a victory for the NFL Players Association and McNair. Arbitrator John Feerick heard more than seven hours of testimony on May 16 on charges the Titans had breached McNair's contract by barring him from working out at the team's headquarters. The union filed the grievance, arguing he should be allowed to work out on the property or be released. The Titans originally told McNair on April 3 not to work out on the property because they feared the liability of a $23.46 million salary cap hit if McNair was hurt. Negotiations for a cheaper contract to reduce that cap number have been nearly nonexistent. McNair is under contract for the 2006 season and due a salary of $9 million.

What do you think about this article? Post your comments below.

PFT has an interesting take on this. Excerpted....

"He probably won't show up. If he does, it's highly unlikely that he'll suffer an injury that will require the team to pay his entire $9 million salary for 2006.

Moreover, Article XXXV, Section 4 of the CBA states that a player is eligible to be paid his base salary only if he is working out at the club's facility "under the direction of a Club official." So if McNair shows up at Baptist Park on Thursday to pump some iron, the Titans must allow him to do so -- but we can find no requirement in the CBA that they provide a club official to "direct" McNair's efforts."

So it sounds like even if Mac does want to work out at BSP, as long as he's working out on his own, we're not on the hook for his salary. Until June 13 when the next OTAs start.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back