Not open for further replies.

archived

Prospect
LEGEND
Moola
Hope for Hester: Many happy returns

April 30, 2006

BY LACY J. BANKS Staff Reporter

Miami's Devin Hester got a puzzling welcome to the NFL.

According to a reliable source, the 5-10, 186-pound speed demon got teased with the most suspenseful telephone call of his life Saturday before the Tennessee Titans changed their minds about drafting Hester and chose talented but controversial USC running back LenDale White with the 45th pick.

WHEW! That was close. We narrowly avoided a boneheaded decision. I never saw this guy as more than mid-round talent.

we dont need another punt returner, pacman is probally the best in the league or is definately top 3, but he has a lot of issues that we have to deal with =[

Hester is going to be playing in the NFL and making more money than I've ever seen. I suppose I would understand people feeling sorry for him, but they should look at the positives.

well, I work hourly in a sheetmetal shop...
I ain't exactly Uncle Pennybags.

monopoly.jpg

How the **** did this guy get a 2nd round grade? He doesn't have a position and he doesn't excel at anything other than returns? Who the **** uses a 2nd round pick purely on a returner. It makes NO sense.

I'm sorry, but if you don't know what position a kid plays, he doesn't even get drafted, much less on the first day. There are hundreds of prospects that are athletic and can play a position. Why take someone who can't?

is he a CB ? a WR ? a ST Demon ? a Track Star ?

someone wanted a project, I'm glad Norm chimed in

why on earth Reese was thinking this kid when LenDale was still there is beyond me

it'd be one thing if you needed a CB / WR hybrid
and in a way we could use a guy like this
but not over a bruiser workhorse who scored 50+ TD's

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back