Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
LazyManJackson said:
off topic here, but who is that in your avater Puck

thats my 3 year old nephew

he's a trip :ha:

he's having a blast spilling people's drinks
(from the look on my kids face it musta been hers)

im glad we didnt do that, passing on a back that reminds people of Eddie and has the potential to be an All-Star back for a player that has Excellent Return Skills but no one really know what postition Hester will play. not to mention he is a project at whatever postion whether its CB or WR

OSUBuckeyesEG27 said:
im glad we didnt do that, passing on a back that reminds people of Eddie and has the potential to be an All-Star back
he actually reminds me more of Jerome Bettis
except that I think he has better feet and possibly vision than Bettis

Hester in the 2nd rd?

As a corner prospect he was similar to wadell. Worthy of maybe a 4th rd pick. It was the return ability that moved him up but still seems like a major reach in rd 2.

NFL draft countdown had him rated as their 20th best corner. Great blue north didn't even have him that high. There is a possibility he could have been a project contributor at WR. Good speed at 4.45 but not comparable to his team mate sinorice moss.

Yikes!

Edit note: He was considered the best return man in the draft.

The comparisons to Waddell might be valid except Hester may have been more of an offensive threat. Still, quite a reach in the 2nd.

White's work ethic also came into question.

I am sure most of you watched the draft but they did a special on White at the end of the 1st round.

If you heard his answers to the all important question: "why do you think that you have not been taken yet"

A polite piss off came from his mouth.

He is hungry to show every team that passed up on him exactly what they passed on. He could not have gone to a better team IMO. His first college coach, a shakey RB situation and not allot of media pressure like in NY, Phili or some place like that.

What's interesting is that Waddell was regarded to be a fine return candidate but did almost none of it for us. I could be mistaken, but I think pretty early on in camp he was removed from return duties.

BlazingArrow#9 said:
spun-501a.jpg

What if we had done this?

Maurice drew with that 45th pick? Now while you think that is crazy drew is a quality runningback prospect not just a return man. If the titans wanted to draft hester in large part to beef up the return game certainly drew would have fit that need.

Some so called experts believed that drew not hester was the top return man in this draft and almost anyone would agree that drew is a better prospect at his position(RB) than hester is at his(CB-WR).

Drew's stock went up significantly at the combine when he weighed in at 207 and had 18 reps defying this notion that he is a little scat back. With chris brown likely going elsewhere after the 2006 season we need a quality third down back.

I know many of you are thinking that what we need is a big back who can run behind the tackles. Fine but what is travis henry for? He is signed for 4 seasons at a million a year. The prospect of having a brian westbrook type back coupled with henry isn't that bad and we could still get that big short yardage guy next year.

I'm not saying white was a bad pick we obviously got him for his star potential but there were other options and the way we were thinking with hester suggests that drew might have been a nice addition.

Note that drew was the 60th pick by the jags. Many had the colts taking drew in rd 2 had they not gone RB in rd one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back