Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.

archived

Prospect
LEGEND
Moola
After seeing the rumors about Matt Schaub I still can't figure out excatly why nobody seems to be talking about trading for Volek. Is ANYTHING going on with him?

I don't understand any fascination with Schaub. To me, he is basically same level as Volek. Certainly not a QB to build a franchise on.

they say you are only as good as your last game...

I think Volek had more appeal at the end of last year...
check this out since you are new...you might not have read it...read on this

VolnTitan said:
I don't understand any fascination with Schaub. To me, he is basically same level as Volek. Certainly not a QB to build a franchise on.
yeah, but would you take him over Jay Cutler?

SEC 330 BIPOLAR said:
I think Volek had more appeal at the end of last year...
check this out since you are new...you might not have read it...read on this
Kami said:
Guess what? No excuse. It was vets on the o-line who were continually ruining drives. It was Billy Volek, who made a ton of inaccuarate throws and caused 2 turnovers, both leading to Arizona scores. Brown, not a rookie, fumbled for the 4th time in 7 games (terrible btw), and is gone from the game. Meanwhile, Pac Man Jones and a young secondary hold one of the best WR corps in the NFL in check for most of the game, the rookie recieiving corps step their games for another game, and a very, very young O-line puts a lot of pressure.
If we could have unloaded him during the season we should have.
With or without Volek the 2005 Titans were terrible.

Actually Schaub looked awfully good in the games he played last year (saw 1 or 2 myself) and his receivers aren't exactly spectacular. Whereas Volek only really has the deep ball, Schaub looks wellrounded, not to mention he moves a lot better than Volek.

sure was surprising seeing Milloy and Michael Bennett go on the cheap. for 6mil, I might have rather had the Lawyer than Hope..

What would we get out of a trade for Volek? I don't think there's any real value there. As a matter of fact I'd say his stock has gone down over the course of the last season and even then I would've said getting a 3rd round pick for him would be lucky. Now, I don't think we could get that. Might as well keep him pending on who we draft then they may release him. If we bring Leinhart or Young would you really want to keep paying Volek?

nouveaux said:
After seeing the rumors about Matt Schaub I still can't figure out excatly why nobody seems to be talking about trading for Volek. Is ANYTHING going on with him?
Just because it isn't public doesn't mean it isn't happening. I have no doubt we have been talking trade with Billy V.

Starkiller said:
Just because it isn't public doesn't mean it isn't happening. I have no doubt we have been talking trade with Billy V.
trade to where might you suppose? is Baltimore a logical guess?

They all would have been logical until one by one they filled their needs. I think someone of the teams who have added a FA QB this week could still draft one of the three, but if you take them out, it leaves Raiders, Cardinals, Ravens, pretty much. I guess we'll see what happens.

Schaubs career passing rating is 49%

Like Eli Manning last year- his stats look pretty good until you look at the completion rating. Thats what we began to saw in Eli - he couldn't get the ball there..

On the other hand look at the progression from his first year to his second!! From a 42 passer rating to a 98. Yes his completions are low, but he doesn't have good receivers and he probably doesn't get to work out with a lot (unlike Billy).

If we trade Volek now, does it show our hand at #3? We have sent out signals that we are not overly thrilled with any of the three QB's in the draft by inquiring about Culpepper and Schaub....signals that we might not take one at #3. Not sure if the Jets, Cards, and Raiders are buying that or not. If Volek goes, we lose leverage renegotiating McNair and it becomes (more) obvious that we go QB in round one. We won't trade Volek until McNair's situation is resolved unless an offer is too good to pass/wait on (highly unlikely).

Well sending Reese, Chow, Johnson, Ackerley and Snead to Cutler's proday is probably somewhat of a giveaway that we are interested. Only ones missing were Fish and Bud himself...

thnom said:
Schaubs career passing rating is 49%

Like Eli Manning last year- his stats look pretty good until you look at the completion rating. Thats what we began to saw in Eli - he couldn't get the ball there..

Actually, his career passer rating is 68.8. You really can't gauge his talent basd on passer ratings considering he's only thrown 134 passes in his entire professional career. Add in the fact that he was never allowed to keep his rythm by playing back-to-back games, his stats are not that bad.

His start against New England last season in which he had 298 yards, 3 TDs, 112.1 Passer Rating deserves some recognition.

Geez.

Mcnair is better than Schaub, mcnair is better than volek. Mcnair is better than half the starting nfl QBs. We don't need to make some deal to get a QB we already have one. We need to make a deal to keep steve mcnair in a titan uniform for the next three years.

As george said in seinfeld after getting that job with the yankees. I'm back baby!

The titans are back!

Steve mcnair is OUR QB! He belongs here and he knows that. He can win here. Let's get this guy to a new cap friendlier deal and move on!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back