Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cant pick and choose when to enforce the rules. Down should have been replayed. Burrow and Taylor also clowns for saying they didn't hear a whistle, burrow literally was bitching about it lol
I didn't see Burrow say he didn't hear a whistle. That's funny because it would have been right in his ear if the side judge watching him go out of bounds is the one that blew the whistle.

And I agree, can't pick and choose when to enforce rules. But in this case, it would have been messed up either way. Make the Bengals redo the down and they don't score, there would be the same uproar. There was just no reason to blow the whistle. Not even close.

I didn't see Burrow say he didn't hear a whistle. That's funny because it would have been right in his ear if the side judge watching him go out of bounds is the one that blew the whistle.
Post game press conference he did. He kept a mostly straight face, zac Taylor was obviously lying about hearing it.

I think there’s argument for when the whistle is blown too. How does anyone physically stop a play while no one possesses the ball? Best you can actually do is stop the play the moment the ball is possessed. In this case, the play actually ended at the exact same time.

Thinking about it, it seems the NFL treated it like they do fumbles.

If a player fumbles but the whistle is blown as if runner was down, and the defense clearly recovered, they can challenge and receive the ball at the place of recovery.

Maybe change the rule that it can be challengable, but this would be the exact same scenario. A whistle was blown, challenge that it shouldn’t have been and an unquestionable catch/TD/“fumble recovery” if you will, took place. Uphold the TD just the same.

Thinking about it, it seems the NFL treated it like they do fumbles.

If a player fumbles but the whistle is blown as if runner was down, and the defense clearly recovered, they can challenge and receive the ball at the place of recovery.

Maybe change the rule that it can be challengable, but this would be the exact same scenario. A whistle was blown, challenge that it shouldn’t have been and an unquestionable catch/TD/“fumble recovery” if you will, took place. Uphold the TD just the same.

I get the point of the rule. Whistle blown, everyone is supposed to stop and the play is dead. Which is the right thing to do in most cases. In this case the whistle was "inadvertent" so the play WAS dead and the only thing to do is replay the down like it didn't happen. That's the rule, anyway.

Kind of telling that there is a rule to cover "I'm stupid and blew the whistle when I shouldn't have". But in this case, I feel like the Bengals would have been the victims if they had followed the rule book.

That looks like something that would happen to the Titans, hear a whistle, stop playing and other team scores a TD that stands.

Hope the Titans play a solid 60 minutes of football and never let up, whether they are tied, up by 2 or 3 scores or not.

I think about how the end of the Patriots game ended and that scares me.

And I agree, can't pick and choose when to enforce rules. But in this case, it would have been messed up either way. Make the Bengals redo the down and they don't score, there would be the same uproar. There was just no reason to blow the whistle. Not even close.
He and Taylor both said they didn't hear a whistle in the post game presser. Yeah it was a blunder either way but gotta play it by the book imo

The whistle was not blown until ball was in the air and almost at the time of the catch, the way I heard it and saw it. Raiders were not in position to make a play anyway. Most of those db's raiders were not starters. I feel like we will do a better job against chase, boyd, and Higgins. We better

He and Taylor both said they didn't hear a whistle in the post game presser. Yeah it was a blunder either way but gotta play it by the book imo

In watching the interviews it was very obvious that they both were tongue in cheek saying that they didn't hear a whistle.....you can see the side judge put the whistle in his mouth and then Burrow releases the ball and then whistle blows...Booger blew another call...I'm sure they will adapt the rule this offseason.

In watching the interviews it was very obvious that they both were tongue in cheek saying that they didn't hear a whistle.....you can see the side judge put the whistle in his mouth and then Burrow releases the ball and then whistle blows...Booger blew another call...I'm sure they will adapt the rule this offseason.
Hope if they change the rule, it’s to do exactly what they just did.

My favorite take on this was that the Raiders got ripped off by the Bengals not getting ripped off. Pretty much sums it up.

I hate stuff like, because nobody knows what may have happened if the down had been replayed. This was towards the end of the half and after the TD, the Raiders marched down the field and scored before halftime, which was huge for them.

If they replay the down, who's to say the Bengals don't convert the first down and then run the clock down and punch it in before the half ends? This stops the Raiders from scoring and Cincy gets the ball to start the 2nd half. We just don't know.

Either way, I'm glad the crew is done. They were brutal the whole game.

And yes, Burrow was joking about the whistle. We've gotten to know his very slight smirk very well ;)

cryin' ass cheaters cheat
How exactly did the Bengals cheat? A call went their way...happens to alot of teams, karma could work for us this weekend..would we be cheaters?
Man you have verbal diahrea at times

BS, Troll, Boring rating incoming....

How exactly did the Bengals cheat? A call went their way...happens to alot of teams, karma could work for us this weekend..would we be cheaters?

I’d argue that it wasn’t even a call that went “their way” but a non call that didn’t go against them. That TD was happening either way.

Kind of like a missed holding call except unlike a hold that may have positively impacted a big play, this did t actually effect the play at all.

I’d argue that it wasn’t even a call that went “their way” but a non call that didn’t go against them. That TD was happening either way.

Kind of like a missed holding call except unlike a hold that may have positively impacted a big play, this did t actually effect the play at all.
I think you just like to argue lol

No one knows what would have happened if it was replayed...it stood so it went their way

image-2-e1532892999219.jpg

nfl failed to enforce the rule ... thus the cheating

I think you just like to argue lol

No one knows what would have happened if it was replayed...it stood so it went their way
I didnt write that clear. I meant the TD was happening whether they blew the whistle or not, not if they had called for the play to be redone.

Had they enforced the whistle, Cincinnati May have very well been screwed. By it not being enforced, the Raiders didn’t get screwed, they just weren’t gifted either.

nfl failed to enforce the rule ... thus the cheating
They fail to enforce rules all the time. Whether it’s missed calls or incorrect calls or straight up bad calls on the subjective stuff.
Can’t see this as cheating.

With the result of what happened as is, the refs look like dummies, but the play itself wasn’t effected so it’s still the bengals beating the Raiders on that play.
If they did call back the play, they screw the bengals out of a TD and literally gift the raiders a second chance they didn’t deserve. I’d say THAT is more like cheating.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back