Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.

archived

Prospect
LEGEND
Moola
Seemed to be some interest so I thought I would start a thread on it.

Talk about any book, famous, infamous, unknown. One your reading etc.

One of my favs: "Lonesome Dove" by Larry McMurtry.

For an enjoyable book you wouldn't think would be, try anything written by Jimmy Buffett.

right now I am reading book 5 of the tomorrow series written by Aussie John Marsden.

It is about these teenagers who went camping in a place called 'Hell' which is a secluded area no one really knows about except them, whilst camping Australia is invaded (*******s) and everyone in their town is captured except the teenagers and throughout the 5 books so far (out of 7) they are fighting for survival whilst trying to 'cripple' the invaders.

I also hired Raymond E Feist new book 'Flight of the Nighthawks', he is one of my favourite current fantasy authors and have read every book he has written.

Black Boy - Richard Wright (Top 10 book ever by my favorite author).

Native Son - Richard Wright (Favorite book ever)

Autobiography Of Malcom X - Alex Haley as told by Malcom X (A facinating book if not inspirtational)

Blindness - Jose Saramago (Nobel Prize for Literature winner. Reading it right now; creative delivery/style and a great great read thus far).

I like Terry Brooks, his Sword of Shannarah series. Kinda along the lines of Lord of the Ring. I also like David Balluchi books, they have made a few movies off of them as well.

Band of Brothers by Stephan Ambrose is a classic too.

I have read a few Tom Clancy books.

Rainbow Six and 4 or 5 from his Op-Center series. Got another one called 'Call to Treason', another Op-center one.

KamikaZ said:
Black Boy - Richard Wright (Top 10 book ever by my favorite author).

Native Son - Richard Wright (Favorite book ever)

Autobiography Of Malcom X - Alex Haley as told by Malcom X (A facinating book if not inspirtational)

Blindness - Jose Saramago (Nobel Prize for Literature winner. Reading it right now; creative delivery/style and a great great read thus far).

I been meaning to read Autobiography of Malcolm X, but I could never find it down here.

If anyone saw the movie "Sphere", the book was a lot better imo.

Stephen King's Dark Tower series is good, but I haven't finished it yet (so don't blame me if the finale is terrible lol).

I mentioned the Harry Potter books in the movie thread, and I think they deserve another mention. May be considered the modern day LOTR?

I started writing a book once :geek: Kinda scary thriller. I swear, it sounds better than what you'd expect from me :lol: It's just not finished :hmm:

I've written a book before, but didnt like it so never did anythin with it. I kinda lost interest towards the end so I just wrote at that stage and it probably didnt make sense compared with the beginning. Probably had a character name change. LOL.

I've had ideas for many others and I am trying a new one now just for fun.

I also finished Burning for Revenge, not a bad book. Consistent with the others in the series, but I am taking a break from the series now to read some others.

I thought it was good, although I wasnt a fan of the ending.

It is over-hyped because there has been a big stink about it from the Churches about how religion is portayed in it.

Gunny said:
I have read a few Tom Clancy books.

Rainbow Six and 4 or 5 from his Op-Center series. Got another one called 'Call to Treason', another Op-center one.
I've never read his Op Center books. His Jack Ryan series was always great. Hunt for Red October, Patriot Games, Red Storm Rising, Clear and Present Danger, Red Rabbit, Sum of All Fears, Debt of Honor, Executive Orders, The Bear and the Dragon. Those are just off the top of my head, but I'm sure there are a few I'm leaving out.

Gunny said:
I've written a book before, but didnt like it so never did anythin with it. I kinda lost interest towards the end so I just wrote at that stage and it probably didnt make sense compared with the beginning. Probably had a character name change. LOL.

I've had ideas for many others and I am trying a new one now just for fun.

I also finished Burning for Revenge, not a bad book. Consistent with the others in the series, but I am taking a break from the series now to read some others.

Spill some beans. What's it about?

pfft it was about 2 years ago when i finished it. Can't remember much of it.

I remember it was a fantasy book, and it was about a guy who was found on a beach suffering amnesia and later on it turns out he is the son of the evil guy. Sounds gay but that is all I remember from it. I have it written down somewhere.

Right now I am working on a Sci-fi/Star Wars space type idea.

The Dark Tower series was good, I starting reading the last one recently, but had to stop and take a break cause it was getting confusing!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back