Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
JMB54 said:
Hey Star, who do you think would make a good John Kelly/Clark out of todays actors.
Well, they've already had 2 of them so far. They could bring back the guy who did it in Sum of All Fears.

Not sure if I can pick any particular actor to be the perfect John Clark, at least not off the top of my head.

Looking for something different- try The Traveler by John Twelve Hawks,
think Orwell's 1984 updated- Big Brother is watching and controlling via current
technology, great read.
Want Clancy without the mind numbing tecno details?
Try a series by Joel C Rosenberg(read them in order)
The Last Jihad
The Last Days
The Ezekiel Option
Great reads

I thought the interesting thing about the Da Vinci code was that the whole book seems to be about the search for truth, and yet, in the end, the main character tries to hide it. I thought was very interesting. It was like the movie contact. Where you have this one character believeing in truth or science, and other main character believing in faith. It was an interesting ending for that reason alone.

The female characters were also very strong. I thought they made the men look like dorks. Which fit in nicely with the the overall theme of the book. But drove me a little nuts.

What I didn't like was the improbability of each event. One thing after the other. Reminded of the movie national treasure. It just didn't feel plausible to me.

While most people dont like Ben Affleck as an actor, I think he is pretty good (plus he gets all the chicks), and I think he did good in the Sum of all fears. I think they did the right thing when they used Ford as Ryan in the early movies and they would do well to try and use the same actor in these coming Clancy movies. It gives it a little bit of a story line you know?

EDIT - Doesnt this book focus more on Kelly than Ryan? Hmmm.. they need to get someone like Brad Pitt to play Kelly.

I recently read the book by Bruce Feldman, 'Cane Mutiny: How the Miami Hurricanes Overturned the Football Establishment. It's a good book.

I read Revenge of the Sith during my GoTitans.com exile.

It was well written and it sums up the whole prequel nicely explaining some things that may (or most likely) was missed during the movies.

Man, I am hooked on the Harry Potter books.

Read the first two, and now on the third as well as buying the 4th one.

The movies dont do justice to them though.

How can you read a whole book. I can barley read the Newspaper and my ESPN magazines.

[Sarchasim is one of my favorite styles of talking. Although it is very hard to show it on a computer]

Gunny said:
Man, I am hooked on the Harry Potter books.

Read the first two, and now on the third as well as buying the 4th one.

The movies dont do justice to them though.

Not just kiddie books are they? I've read all 6, looking forward to the last one.

And you're right, the movies could do many things better....but they also did make a few things better in the movies imo.

My mom got me hooked on Harry Potter a few years ago. She said they were considered childrens books and I said I wasn't interested. But she told be to just read the first chapter and if I wasn't interested after that to just forget about it.

I read the first chapter and I was hooked...

Starkiller said:
My mom got me hooked on Harry Potter a few years ago. She said they were considered childrens books and I said I wasn't interested. But she told be to just read the first chapter and if I wasn't interested after that to just forget about it.

I read the first chapter and I was hooked...

my girlfriend got me onto it. I thought it was a kids book as well.

Bobo said:
Not just kiddie books are they? I've read all 6, looking forward to the last one.

And you're right, the movies could do many things better....but they also did make a few things better in the movies imo.

do you know what the 7th one is going to be called?

I'm reading Democracy Matters by Cornell West, and also Pound For Bound, a biography on Sugar Ray Robinson. Both are cool reads.

I'm sure it will be next summer, but they have not released a name yet.

It will be kind of sad though, knowing that it's the last book of the series.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back