Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wait a second I just realised, on that Wikipedia article about Reynaldo Hill, they've said Andre Woolfolk is terrible.

''Reynaldo Hill enters the 2006 pre-season vying for the starting cornerback position opposite Adam "Pacman" Jones, with former first round pick Andre Woolfolk (who is terrible).''

Gunny said:
Finished HP and the Half Blood Prince.

Damn fine book, ending was good...i suspected something like that would happen but not then.

Apparently the release date of the Next and last HP Book is on the 7/7/07. Still a year away.

Has Rowling said it'll be released then? Lots of false rumors out there about HP.

I can't remember if it was from her mouth or not, but there seems to be some significance with 7 through the book. I dunno if the rumor mongers are just doing it or if it is truth.

Next movie is meant to be out on the 13.07.07

My two books:

First- The Relic:The thing about the book and movie is funny, although I saw the movie way before the book, is courious that even when the movie is based on the book, it tells a story that happends before the books timeline, and it is not explain in depth in the book. Which makes it great to read even if you have seen the movie. I found it very readable and intense, taking tension further and further away.

Second- I have two original titles (I know the translation title "Las torres del olvido"):

Either- "The Sea and Summer"? or "Drowning Towers"?- 1988, by aussies George Turner - This title won the Arthur C. Clarke prize in 1988. and was his first book!!

Its a great sci-fi book wich tells 2-3 stories, one in a future 200 years after the melting of the polar ices, and a scientist that find datas about a family, and the second is a story of this family in about the years when water level begins flooding part of Melbourne (their city), and an overpopulated city with a high class (working) mantains a low class (jobless) with subsidies. This family goes form working to jobless... and their life just changes dramatically when they are forced to move to the drowning towers in the low part of the city.

Not a drama, more like a thriller, even though my intro seemed dramatic. It touches many problems of todays world (ovepopulation, earth warming, social security, genetic selections...)

Anyways, a great book to me.

7/7/07 seems perfect for the last HP book. Rowling seems to like things like that, and the timing sounds right, if only she can make it on time... I don't think it's completely done.

On a side note, I really liked book 6 because it finally set out what was going to happen in the next book. I know it's much easier to do that when there's only 1 book left, but it gives the readers something solid to think about for the next book.

GoTitans3801 said:
7/7/07 seems perfect for the last HP book. Rowling seems to like things like that, and the timing sounds right, if only she can make it on time... I don't think it's completely done.

On a side note, I really liked book 6 because it finally set out what was going to happen in the next book. I know it's much easier to do that when there's only 1 book left, but it gives the readers something solid to think about for the next book.

except who R.A.B is.

Gunny said:
except who R.A.B is.
That one should be fairly easy if you think abut it for a bit, because it's probably a name we've already heard. I'll tell you who it is (not officially, just what everyone has agreed on) if you want to know...

Starkiller said:
That one should be fairly easy if you think abut it for a bit, because it's probably a name we've already heard. I'll tell you who it is (not officially, just what everyone has agreed on) if you want to know...

Tell me via PM, I can't think of it then again I am one of the most forgetful people in the world....just call me Neville.

BTW I have never hated a character more in a story then the one who uses Avada Kedavra at the end.

Sucks? I really like the current one. More lively than the 1st. Maybe a little more lively than the book version.

McKellen will always be Gandalf. How can he be both? That's just kookoo Gunny.

Bobo said:
Sucks? I really like the current one. More lively than the 1st. Maybe a little more lively than the book version.

McKellen will always be Gandalf. How can he be both? That's just kookoo Gunny.

I think that is the problem. In the 4th movie he went up and shook Harry about his name in the Goblet of Fire, by reading the books you can tell he wouldn't do that too any student.

He seems 'too' lively in my opinion, doesnt give that sense of calm that Richard Harris had as Dumbledore who talked like nothing was ever wrong.

I wonder how much of the difference is the actor and how much is the director. Chris Columbus only directed the first 2, the ones with Harris as Dumbledore.

I definitely liked Harris' Dumbledore more, but I do think Gambon's Dumbledore is pretty good.

I thought Harris was much better. He captured that sense of radiating calm so much better.

It's true that RAB is left a mystery, but a lot of people have made fairly educated guesses, and if the most obvious one is right, then it'll be interesting to see how it ties together. However, I just meant we know what Harry's goals and plans are for the next book.

Harry's goals and plans are clear, along with his friends.

But Malfoy's aren't certain
The one who used Avada Kedavra I still don't think is certain.
RAB is not clear, though it seems obvious.

I suspect JK Rowling will pull out something instead of what would obviously happen (ie. Harry killing Voldemort)

you all should check out my autobiography

danncover5.gif
\

:brow:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back