Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im not saying Calico is a great receiver or that he will even make the roster what I am saying is that the guys had a couple of serious injuries over the last couple of years, this is a make or break year for him without a doubt but its amazing that a calf injury in an early June OTA is reason to throw the guy in the river. I for one will give the guy a chance and hope he becomes the player we all thought he would be. Why arent we all over Bennet, Schobel, LaBoy and others that have missed a lot of time with various injuries. Lets hope they all stay healthy this year and understand injuries are part of the game.

Titansfan10 said:
exactly my point, thats why roy williams is a loser...and i meant the SAFETY roy williams from dallas...if that helps
Oh... I thought you were talking about the Lion receiver. He's produced despite injury. 2004 in Dallas, eh? That was the game where Brown had that sweet TD run.
I do remember another game. It was in Texas Stadium and Steve McNair was hurled into an equipment locker. (2002) ... It's time to sting the 'Boys. Payback is a :banned:

Calico was hurt in preseason... what a shame.

http://www.tennessean.com/sports/titans/archives/04/08/56671244.shtml?Element_ID=56671244

Titansfan10 said:
Give him a chance....try tearing your ACL and see how you feel...

p.s. screw roy williams

i could deal with roy williams getting hurt and never being the same. you don't wish hurtin on anybody, but this guy is breaking the rules, not only professional but personal (ask Musa Smith), and the league can live without his Chuck Bednarik impersonations

Sledge said:
i could deal with roy williams getting hurt and never being the same. you don't wish hurtin on anybody, but this guy is breaking the rules, not only professional but personal (ask Musa Smith), and the league can live without his Chuck Bednarik impersonations

what about Musa Smith?

SEC 330 BIPOLAR said:
I do remember another game. It was in Texas Stadium and Steve McNair was hurled into an equipment locker. (2002) ... It's time to sting the 'Boys. Payback is a :banned:

Calico was hurt in preseason... what a shame.

http://www.tennessean.com/sports/titans/archives/04/08/56671244.shtml?Element_ID=56671244

Dexter Coakley was the cowpuke who threw McNair into an equiptment cart 15-20 feet OOB. No flag on the play and the Titan D did nothing at all in response. Should have unnecessiarly roughed the puke QB whoever he was (Hutchinson I think)

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/GJJZyoHAhLk"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/GJJZyoHAhLk" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Pretty Sweet....if he gets back to to 100%....then he will be awesome...just we have to be patient

Gunny said:
what about Musa Smith?

not for the faint of heart...

MDCG103112120071150755503.jpg

Here's my current take on "no go" Calico:

He knows he sucks and can't catch a cold. If he keeps up his injuries he gets a pass during his "contract year" performance and JUST MAYBE he can land a 1-2 mill/yr 3 year deal with another team dumb enough to bite.:winker:

The guy HAS DROPPED UNCOVERED PASSES HIS ENTIRE CAREER!!!

If Calico shows them anything positive and is healthy the Titans will probably give him a shot. Why? Because he has the tools (minus the hands) to be an uncoverable WR. He's 6'4, 220lbs and has legit 4.3 speed. That is a tough package to cut...even with mediocre hands.

Plus, he was a 2nd rd pick (who the Titans considered taking in the FIRST RD) and they aren't likely to give up on him so quickly since he's had a long road back from surgery.

As a fan, he's not even worth talking about until we see if he stays on the roster. A HEALTHY Calico could be a DANGEROUS 3rd or 4th WR with the key word being could. But his injuries and play on the field will have a lot to do with whether he stays or goes.

BTW, the next time a prospect comes out with awesome measureables but a bad case of the dropsies, Floyd should not dismiss the game film by shooting a 100 footballs at him while he's standing still on a practice field!!!

Gut

Sure, he's getting a lot of heat for a minor injury. The reason is that he's already missed a lot of time for a very serious one, and he has very little time left to prove himself. I'd love to see a breakout season, but he can't do enough to come back to us next year if he can't get on the field.

Hey, I'd love getting paid for doing nothing also. A few more minor strains means another easy paycheck. A good game or two at the end of the season and he can string another team along with a decent contract.

well...

Calico probably has his straightline speed back...but that's not the issue. The issue is his plant, cut and drive ability. Thta's what takes the most time both mentally and physically.

We'll see soo enough...

Gut

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back