Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.

archived

Prospect
LEGEND
Moola
I was raised in Arizona, so by default, the Cards are my second favorite NFL team. My sister sent me this photo of the inside of the new stadium. Hard to believe the field is on a tray that can be moved outside to give the grass sunlight....

I've predicted the Cards will surpise this year, their first real home field advantage since moving to the Valley.
Phoenix is the only city with two retractable roof stadiums. Folks love their sports out there.

The first real Sports Bar in the country was in Glendale, I think. Do you remember the name of it?

Titanium said:
Hard to believe the field is on a tray that can be moved outside to give the grass sunlight....
Reliant Stadium is like that... I know it's not common but it's not unheard of. Now, I dislike the Texans just as much as the next guy, but one must concede that they have one of the best stadiums in the business if not the best indoor facility in the game. Now, side by side how does this facility stand up to Reliant? Is it bigger, more seats, better this or that, is it just on par or is it inferior?

That's what it'll be like on gameday:lol:
attachment.php

LazyManJackson said:
That's what it'll be like on gameday:lol:
attachment.php
It's sold out, unlike SDS.

If they start losing, and people quit showing up, then it will be like at Titans games last year and we have no room to talk.

SEC 330 BIPOLAR said:
Reliant Stadium is like that... I know it's not common but it's not unheard of.
Not true. The Cardinals Stadium will be the first with a retractable grass field.

http://www.stadiumsofnfl.com/nfc/CardinalsStadium.htm

Here's Reliant. Notice the field is surrounded by seats on every side, no where to retract the field, unlike the Cardinals place where it slides out the endzone like a pizza tray.

http://www.stadiumsofnfl.com/afc/ReliantStadium.htm

Here's the end where the field is slid out,
12-20-05-Roof-southendzone.jpg

yup. you're right. I checked it out.
The climate-controlled stadium also features a natural grass-playing surface. The grass is grown on eight-foot square trays then transported to the stadium.
source

I guess I had heard of it. It may have been something you had posted in the past that made it familiar to me. I mistakenly thought that Houston was doing the same thing. Obviously not.

The only other stadium like it is in Japan. Arizona has the only one with a "Tray Field" in the United States.

The Cardinals sold out their season tickets for the first time in 20 years of existance in Phoenix. The fans no longer have to pay NFL prices to sit on a bleacher. They also won't roast in the sun any longer while attending a game.

We'll see how long the love affair lasts. Winning does cure a lot of ills.

Hoffa said:
The first real Sports Bar in the country was in Glendale, I think. Do you remember the name of it?

No I don't remember. I moved from Arizona in 1985 so it's been a while since I've lived there.

The new stadium is also out in the middle of no where. It's kind of nice though, plenty of parking and easy access in and out.

Amazing.

Is it a dome or retractable roof as well? Assuming it is a dome as there probably wouldn't be a need for a retractable field if the roof could open up.

I'm sure they can't do this, but it would be quite a spectacle if they waited until the stadium was packed, and then slid the field in with the home team on it...

GoTitans3801 said:
I'm sure they can't do this, but it would be quite a spectacle if they waited until the stadium was packed, and then slid the field in with the home team on it...

That would be awesome, but not quite as impressive as this soccer team's braveheart style entrance...

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/gH76caOpuHg"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/gH76caOpuHg" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back