Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nashville based Lousiana Pacific corporation....if its Nashville based, then why isnt it Tennessee Pacific? Tennessee Atlantic? Anything but Swampland-Just-Got-Flooded-From-Katrina-Pacific

I like the ''Louisianna-Pacific Collisium''.

Although I get your point maximus.

How come they've spent 4 years looking for a deal then?

SUMMARY: The Titans may be closing in on a deal for a naming rights partner for the Coliseum. Indications are that Nashville-based building material supplier, Louisiana-Pacific Corporation, may sign a contract as early as next week. Titans Executive Vice President of Administration and Facilities Don MacLachlan confirmed that the organization has been in "serious discussions' with L-P about naming rights, but declined to comment further. If an agreement is reached, the company may decide to name the stadium something other than Louisiana-Pacific Coliseum. Louisiana-Pacific was founded in 1973 and is a leading building products maker.

What do you think about this article? Post your comments below.

maximus said:
Nashville based Lousiana Pacific corporation....if its Nashville based, then why isnt it Tennessee Pacific? Tennessee Atlantic? Anything but Swampland-Just-Got-Flooded-From-Katrina-Pacific

They were spun off from Georgia-Pacific in the early 70s because FTC said they were a monopoly. And they were headquartered in Portland, Oregon until two years ago.

elfinmagic53 said:
Wait until he gets wind of this!:sad2:

he got my email if he wants me to stop (well he should) but then I will have his. :brow:

show him this as well:

reynaldologysymbol.gif

:brow:

TitanJeff said:
Where's Nissan in all this? They make a Titan truck.

I've been wondering this for years
and considering Nissan is moving its headquarters here ......

I could handle "Nissan Coliseum - Home of the Titan"

they could put trucks at every entrance (maybe a even a Z or two)

goTitans.com said:
SUMMARY: If an agreement is reached, the company may decide to name the stadium something other than Louisiana-Pacific Coliseum.

jeez, let's hope so
but if you're gonna put up that much money to name a facility, wouldn't you want to promote your business ?

Bipolar is surprised that Bell South has not pounced on this.
Bell South Coliseum doesn't sound all that bad.
Bell South does more or less own Cingular Wireless... (I think)
either that or they sold their cell phone stuff to them... (I dunno)
Cingular is a big sponsor already and Bell South does have a big Nashville presence. I guess we will see.

I do not like the proposed idea... Sounds crappy.

that would be cool if LP gets the naming rights. Then we could call the Coliseum "THE WOODSHED"

WELCOME TO THE WOODSHED!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back