Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't mind the "Woodshed" but "Louisiana Pacific Coliseum" is horrible. They could call it the "L-Pac Coliseum" or something... Not a big fan of the Nissan idea. I know there big here and all but I just don't like it. Maybe we could all pitch in and call it the "GoTitans Coliseum"... I've got a couple mil burning a hole in my pocket.:lol:

TitanJeff said:
The Nissan Titan Stadium

I'm with you Jeff.
It makes alot more sense to me for Nissan to spend the ad money on something like this than LP or Adelphia. I bet Adelphia didn't hardly see any benefit from their sponsorship and I doubt LP would get much either based on increased sales. However, automotive companies spend millions each year on commercials and Nissan would get pub everytime the Titans played and even on Sports Center when they showed highlites. Nationally televised games would result in a decent bang for the buck IMO.

Nobody likes the "Cracker Barrel Coliseum"? At least the food would be better at the games.....

However, if LP gets the deal, are they going to give away free wood posts to the fans? It would be scary to see 65,000 fans with 5 foot wooden posts. That would give incentive to the refs to help us out (We are going to need all the help we can get....).

hrudy18 said:
Nobody likes the "Cracker Barrel Coliseum"? At least the food would be better at the games.....

However, if LP gets the deal, are they going to give away free wood posts to the fans? It would be scary to see 65,000 fans with 5 foot wooden posts. That would give incentive to the refs to help us out (We are going to need all we can get....).
I'd settle for a wooden paddle -- or maybe a 2x4.

whats the going rate for naming rights anyway ?
didn't Adelphia pony-up about $30million over 30 years ?

at a million a year ..... let me do some calculating
let's say 62,500 attend every regualr season game
if everyone agreed to pay an extra $2 per ticket ........
that would amount to $1mill / year ...
then the fans could hold a contest to select a name

I am telling you from someone who works in a corporate environment there are goods and bads of putting your name on a stadium. Companies like LP and Adelphia do not have anything to lose by going into the market for the name of stadium. Nissan does. So the Titan becomes a "Titan's" truck I could just imagine the PR nightmare this would start.

Sounds good to Titans fans but that is about the extent of it.

Soxcat said:
I'm with you Jeff.
It makes alot more sense to me for Nissan to spend the ad money on something like this than LP or Adelphia. I bet Adelphia didn't hardly see any benefit from their sponsorship and I doubt LP would get much either based on increased sales. However, automotive companies spend millions each year on commercials and Nissan would get pub everytime the Titans played and even on Sports Center when they showed highlites. Nationally televised games would result in a decent bang for the buck IMO.
I agree.
However, I have heard that they really want to bring either a Senior PGA tour event back to Nashville, or even a PGA tour stop. They have been the title sponsor of what used to be the Los Angeles Open at the Riviera Country Club for years (since they were HQ'd there).
That may be where they want to put there money.....or not...just something I had heard. May or may not be the case.

Puck said:
whats the going rate for naming rights anyway ?
didn't Adelphia pony-up about $30million over 30 years ?

at a million a year ..... let me do some calculating
let's say 62,500 attend every regualr season game
if everyone agreed to pay an extra $2 per ticket ........
that would amount to $1mill / year ...
then the fans could hold a contest to select a name
Today's Tennessean said the going rate is $2-7 million/year and estimated the LP deal would be in the neighborhood of $4 million/year. Adelphia was paying $2 million/year. Here's a graphic of recent deals:

DN2975161.GIF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back