Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.

archived

Prospect
LEGEND
Moola
SUMMARY: For the next 10 years, the home of the Tennessee Titans will be known as LP Field. Nashville-based Louisiana Pacific and the Titans announced the new naming rights deal, worth some $30 million. "This represents the next step in our evolution," Louisiana Pacific Corporation CEO Rick Frost said. Louisiana Pacific, a producer of building materials and supplies, moved to Nashville two years ago. The company employees nearly 6,000 people in North and South America.

What do you think about this article? Post your comments below.

Wow they paid a marketing agency to come up with the stunning name of "LP Field"! That name sucks! It has no flair. The collesium was perfect. Guarantee real titans fans will still call it the collesium.

Honestly I applaud them for stepping up and doing what other corporations wouldn't do. To me as long as it isn't "Depends Undergarments Field", it is fine. But it is the slow time of year and folks got to talk about something.

Let them change the name to anything they want but the fans are still going to call it whatever sounds best. I dont remember who came up with it first but if the defense turns it around this year "The Woodshed" will sound great.

JMB54 said:
Let them change the name to anything they want but the fans are still going to call it whatever sounds best.
Yep, thats what I feel about it:winker:

Although the ''Woodshed'' feels a bit naff.

Coliseum will still be the way I will address the place the Titans play. Coliseum is specifically a large theater or sports building: a large building used as a theater or for sports events. A field is simply a playing area: an open expanse of ground kept or marked off as a playing area for a particular sport.

I would have preferred Stadium if we didn't use Coliseum.

LP Field at The Coliseum is the way I'll look at it. You can't have the Coliseum demoted to a simple field. That's just wrong.

What's wrong with LP Coliseum? LP Field sounds like it should have been the name of the Sounds new digs. I was watching the news this afternoon. As they asked people what they thought about the new name, just about everyone of them said that they would still call it The Coliseum. LP is one of the biggest "building products" company in the country and they name something field instead of stadium or coliseum (something that you actually build :suspect: ). At least it rolls off the tongue better....I don't agree with that statement either. I don't care. I watch the Titans, not the complex around the Titans (which now that complex is apparently a field :shake: ).

Yeah, I was just messin around in photoshop and came up with this... I think it would've looked a lot better IMO.

LPColiseum.jpg

:))

I'm just guessing but if they called it "LP Coliseum", most would still just call it "The Coliseum".

It took most of us a year after Adelphia was out of the deal to quit calling it "The Delph". I bet by 2008, we've all moved on.

Coliseum forever

It will always be The Coliseum to me. The name: LP Feild, is stupid. The name: The Coliseum, was and is perfect for the Titans. The Coliseum sounds like a place were the Titans would do battle not LP feild (How weak is that!):grrr

If LP were wanting to advertise The LP Coliseum would have worked for me. Sort of.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back