Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really don't think they care what the fans think. It is what will be announced when the Titans are on TV and when other events take place there. There is the exposure!!

L P Field. Sounds like the fat suits thought about this a long time. I guess they think everyone knows what LP stands for. Too many other companies with those initials will be getting credit for having their names on a stadium. Sooner or later, the real name will be plastered all over the stadium.
The other thing I don't like about initials is the names/words that can be attached to them. Especially during a season like we had in 2005. "Loosers Palace", "Last Place" stadium, you get the point.
I don't like it.

Ewker said:
I really don't think they care what the fans think. It is what will be announced when the Titans are on TV and when other events take place there. There is the exposure!!

You nailed it Ewker. They know that in the offseason fans might spend 5 minutes thinking about an issue like this, but in the grand scheme of things, it means nothing. They'll show up no matter what the field is called.

"build it, and they will come..."

sorry, I just had to add that in there.

Sukrillux said:
LP Field at The Coliseum is the way I'll look at it. You can't have the Coliseum demoted to a simple field. That's just wrong.
correct. Have any of you been to the Georgia Tech campus?

Bobby Dodd Stadium At Historic Grant Field

bobby-dodd-300.jpg

My dad went to Tech and while my brother was there in the early nineties we went to every homcoming... It was great. Anyhow, I really agree Sukrillux...

My dad went to Tech as well. The only time I went to a game there I was on the field assisting my brother (photographer). But I did tour the campus since it was on my list of potential schools.

Starkiller said:
My dad went to Tech as well. The only time I went to a game there I was on the field assisting my brother (photographer). But I did tour the campus since it was on my list of potential schools.
my old man was there circa 1961-1965...
BA chemistry... was a member Kappa Sigma

KappaSigLogo.gif

My dad was there around the same timeframe (not sure exact years). I'd have to ask him his major and fraternity (though I know it wasn't Kappa Sigma).

It is what it is. From a timing perspective the Vince Young era should help out LP. People will be watching us. But honestly, it seems like a waste of money to me.

lp field has to be the worse name for a field ever. I like the lousiana pacific field from the midwest stadium much better than lp field

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back