Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
LazyManJackson said:
I feel the same, only ONE game
Says a lot about what they think about Woolfolk. The guy is the #4 CB behind three second year players. One, a safety, who's played only one game.

:suspect:

bulluck4dMVP said:
i'd say thats a pretty good way to put it. fuller's versailtility is also a factor. he can play outside and/or inside corner and also both safety spots. like jeff said its hill's job to lose on the outside and i bet woolfolk pushes pretty hard for a spot on the inside/outside, in which i love competition. let the best man win. i'd love to see dre' succeed.there saying pac looks very good in OTA's so far, so thats very encouraging to hear. the only thing im slighty concerned with is the depth @ corner. after pac renayldo and dre' theres only gardner left because of waddell's injury. but this is where fuller helps out so i think well be ok. other than that, this defense has a chance to be very good.

Ok, this is exactly what I have been saying since last season ended....So Brian, Soxcat, read your books and pay attention to Bulluck3dMVPs post. May the best man win.... Carry your anti-Woolfolk Banner, no problem.... I will be carrying the banner that says let everyone do well so everyone benefits.... Go Titans

TitanJeff said:
I think the #2 CB is clearly Hill's to lose. He's likely spent the entire offseason working out and improving his ability to jam at the line. He's worked on technique, viewed film, etc. There is no reason to think he'll not be improved over last season when he beat out Woolfolk as a seventh-round rookie. Why would anyone assume Hill isn't the favorite to start opposite Pacman right now?

I'm all for hoping Woolfolk has improved to the point he challenges but we need to be realistic here. Woolfolk isn't even guaranteed to win the nickel spot at this point. Fuller was getting a lot of praise up to the time he was injured. Though there is probably a lot of unknown on him, he too looks to have that upside factor Woolfolk lost last season.

Jeff, you are right about it is his to lose, not doubting, but I know Andre is challenging for it and according to the most current reports, Hill will hopefully be ready to return to action by regular camp. He had offseason surgery, so he hasn't been working on jamming. Unfortunately, he had a season ending injury that required him spend a great portion of the off season recovering, just like Andre did following his 1st year and 2nd year.... No off season technique work hurt him. He has up until that point always worked out ferociously in the off season. This year he was able to work out.... WU

bulluck4dMVP said:
:ha: he's strongly considering it

Tanks firing off...... run......

Grenades exploding..... ahhhhhh!!!!!!!!!

Stealth's Inbound..... ohhh noooooo!!!!!!!!

60-explosions.jpg

Titans | Woolfolk Looking to Become Impact Player - from www.KFFL.com
Sun, 22 May 2005 08:50:50 -0700

Updating a previous report, Paul Kuharsky, of the Tennessean, reports Tennessee Titans CB Andre Woolfolk is one of the players on the current roster that is expected to blossom into a productive player in 2005. Woolfolk, a third-year veteran, is viewed as the potential replacement to former CB Samari Rolle (Ravens) this year. "I'm not trying to fill those shoes, I'm just trying to make sure I establish myself as a dependable player on this defense, make sure I make plays and am somebody that the rookies can look up to," Woolfolk said.

Apparently Andre did such a good job with the rookies last year that they've already passed him by.

:doh:

Brian said:
Titans | Woolfolk Looking to Become Impact Player - from www.KFFL.com
Sun, 22 May 2005 08:50:50 -0700

Updating a previous report, Paul Kuharsky, of the Tennessean, reports Tennessee Titans CB Andre Woolfolk is one of the players on the current roster that is expected to blossom into a productive player in 2005. Woolfolk, a third-year veteran, is viewed as the potential replacement to former CB Samari Rolle (Ravens) this year. "I'm not trying to fill those shoes, I'm just trying to make sure I establish myself as a dependable player on this defense, make sure I make plays and am somebody that the rookies can look up to," Woolfolk said.

Apparently Andre did such a good job with the rookies last year that they've already passed him by.

:doh:

In the light of all your great negativity........

Oh, you can't take my joyyyyyy, no you can't take my joyyyyyy....

Go Titans, Go Hill, Go Woolfolk, Go Fuller, Go Hope, Go PacMan, Go Lamont, Go Defense, Go Offense.... Yeah Go Titans..... Yeaaahhhhh!!!!!

SnoopyDancing2.gif

WoolfolksUncle said:

.... Carry your anti-Woolfolk Banner, no problem....

I'll quit carrying my "anti-Woolfolk" banner when Fisher and Schwartz quit carrying it. After all they are the ones that have him rated as the 4th CB.

Soxcat said:
I'll quit carrying my "anti-Woolfolk" banner when Fisher and Schwartz quit carrying it. After all they are the ones that have him rated as the 4th CB.

Dyslexia, a real lack of understanding what your reading when your reading. I have emailed Mr. Kuharsky on his recent report. Amazing that the Titans have not released any talk about their rosters or lineups and Mr. Kuharsky comes with this report. His analogy is based on the fact that the Titans were working Fuller at the nickel..... Well yes Mr. Allwise Seeing Eye behind the bag on your avatar, that would fall right in line with the consistency of Fisher and Chuck Cecil or Fisher and Everett Withers - do you even know who they are????? - Let me help you, guess your book isn't doing you well.... Chuck Cecil - Safeties and Nickelbacks...... Everett Withers - Cornerbacks..... Wow - Amazing, I wonder why..... because the phylosophies are different. They don't work nickels and corners together..... ahhhhhh, Sherlock. If Andre is going to challenge Hill, he can't do it from a Nickel perspective. And that my friends is a Wrap.... If it isn't - look at my answer to smart alec Brian on the post following yours..... Peace

This is funny, didn't we have this same conversation last year,and then a 7th round rookie ended up starting more games as a rookie than Woolfolk has in his 4 year career. Coincidence? I think NOT. I don't dislike Andre, but he has disappointed me. I'm also not blinded by the loving bias as WU, but I do hope the best for him, because his success is for the success of the Titans.

:sad2:
Jwill1919 said:
This is funny, didn't we have this same conversation last year,and then a 7th round rookie ended up starting more games as a rookie than Woolfolk has in his 4 year career. Coincidence? I think NOT. I don't dislike Andre, but he has disappointed me. I'm also not blinded by the loving bias as WU, but I do hope the best for him, because his success is for the success of the Titans.

You know JWill, that is completely acceptable and what I have been saying period, thus my note earlier in this post wishing everyone well, even those competing for the same roster spots, but Mr. Bag Avatar and Benny Hill are just stuck in some zone or another. A lot of pride in the team, I tell you. Fans usually wear bags when they have given up hope for their team and Benny Hill represents degradation, thus the nature of the posts from both.:sad2:

WoolfolksUncle said:
Amazing that the Titans have not released any talk about their rosters or lineups and Mr. Kuharsky comes with this report. His analogy is based on the fact that the Titans were working Fuller at the nickel...
Well, Blake Beddingfield (not that you would know who HE is) was in the TitansCentral chat room Wednesday night and confirmed that Hill, Pacman, and Fuller are the top three CB's. He even said that Fuller has the ability to play on the outside if need be. He said he's "very good in coverage, man or zone".

It's quite possible that if either Pacman or Hill got hurt, Fuller would be the guy to move outside, and we'd cross our fingers with Woolfolk in the slot.....if he can beat out Gardner and Finnegan of course. At this point Andre is nothing more than a special teams player and a backup CB fighting for playing time with late round draft picks.

Brian said:
Well, Blake Beddingfield (not that you would know who HE is) was in the TitansCentral chat room Wednesday night and confirmed that Hill, Pacman, and Fuller are the top three CB's. He even said that Fuller has the ability to play on the outside if need be. He said he's "very good in coverage, man or zone".

It's quite possible that if either Pacman or Hill got hurt, Fuller would be the guy to move outside, and we'd cross our fingers with Woolfolk in the slot.....if he can beat out Gardner and Finnegan of course. At this point Andre is nothing more than a special teams player and a backup CB fighting for playing time with late round draft picks.

Note in your post Brian you broke your paragraph because the bottom paragraph is by you, not Blake. Glad to know that Blake hangs out... Oh you see, unlike you and your buddy Sox...some people are in to make sure everybody is on even keel, so now that you've displayed your little Blakely knowledge, I'll just join the little chat sessions and see how legitimate your babblings are. Who makes that decision Blake or Jeff... Blake is a scout. It stops there. If he were a coach, he'd be a coach. When the Titans release something official come back and shoot off your mouth, and even then, I have said all along, that it will take what happens in camp to make the difference, so all of it is irrelevant. If Andre plays his way into the left corner in camp and pre-season, that will mean he beat out the current people ahead of him, whether it is Fuller included or not, so once again your moot point is what....... Wait and see and while you're at it just so you understand what I said earlier a little more clearly:
SLS5.jpg

SnoopyDancing2.gif
Oh you can't take my joy awaaaayyy, no you can't take my joy awwwwaaayyy!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back