Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think a lot of the closings/cancellations around here are over-the-top but I can understand why they want to slow the spread.

My mother-in-law is in assisted living and I'm shocked they are still allowing people to visit. They're the most likely to get hard if they catch it.
We are starting to control visits as we speak. Just left a meeting. Also learned that this virus is not airborne, which is a good thing. It is droplet spread, however, like with most viruses, you are most infectious when you are asymptomatic. Very hard to contain.

We are starting to control visits as we speak. Just left a meeting. Also learned that this virus is not airborne, which is a good thing. It is droplet spread, however, like with most viruses, you are most infectious when you are asymptomatic. Very hard to contain.
Then how are people getting it so easily? Thought for sure it would be airborne.

I had a cold like last week for about 2-3 days, and haven't felt like my normal self yet. I'm sure I'm ok, but one never knows, but I don't go anywhere. I bet there are hundreds, if not thousands walking around right now who have very mild symptoms and have no idea they're spreading it around as Hormesis stated.

Then how are people getting it so easily? Thought for sure it would be airborne.

I had a cold like last week for about 2-3 days, and haven't felt like my normal self yet. I'm sure I'm ok, but one never knows, but I don't go anywhere. I bet there are hundreds, if not thousands walking around right now who have very mild symptoms and have no idea they're spreading it around as Hormesis stated.
It's just super infectious. It's being spread through commonly touched things, such as door handles, work phones, common surfaces, and of course sneezing and coughing. People touch their face not knowing they are sick and grab the pole while riding the subway, boom.

from what ive read it can live on surfaces for up to 12 hours... thats a yuge window for someone else to potentially touch

The hospital system is so taxed at the moment, that we are being told to reuse our N95 masks and PPE gowns. ICU units are already pretty much full across the nation just from normal census patients. This could possibly get very ugly.

Heard anyone that gets the virus will have permanent scar tissue and irreparable damage to one's lungs. So let's not pass this off as nothing more than the flu.

Plus, if you're overweight you are most likely diabetic aka insulin resistant, which has ben a big underlying health issue of people that don't do well when they get it.

Not trying to be negative, just speaking the known facts.
Sources?
I call BS on the permanent damage.

Sources?
I call BS on the permanent damage.
You can google some of the images of CT scans of infected patients. I posted a little about this somewhere, I believe it was in the shoutbox. Patients are presenting with what is called "ground glass opacities". It is pretty serious, and will indeed leave permanent damage. What I do not know is how many or what age etc. It was pretty early in the process, and was being used to identify potential patients in China before actual accurate testing was available. I'll post a link in a minute.

China is diagnosing coronavirus patients by looking for 'ground glass' in their lungs. Take a look at the CT scans.

Coronavirus: Mix Of AIDS,SARS Likely To Leave Permanent Lung Damage

Nothing published in medical journals of this particular disease, as it's pretty new, but there are several sites saying that scarring will be there if even if the patient has healed. No different than TB or many other respiratory diseases. Again, that source and others I have seen are not from Medical journals or actual studies, but it's pretty safe to say that a serious viral load of a SARS disease can cause permanent damage.

Last edited by a moderator:
You can google some of the images of CT scans of infected patients. I posted a little about this somewhere, I believe it was in the shoutbox. Patients are presenting with what is called "ground glass opacities". It is pretty serious, and will indeed leave permanent damage. What I do not know is how many or what age etc. It was pretty early in the process, and was being used to identify potential patients in China before actual accurate testing was available. I'll post a link in a minute.
While I’m not going to google anything, that in its own right is a sketchy way to research stuff, I’m sure there are parts of the virus that can cause serious damage. My issue is we have tons of other illnesses, viruses even, that we deal with everyday (or at least during the season when flu isn’t allowed to exist) and I bet they also have the ability to cause similar damage.

I’m still in 100% belief this is completely overblown and will probably be gone entirely (from any media that is) by May, June?

While I’m not going to google anything, that in its own right is a sketchy way to research stuff, I’m sure there are parts of the virus that can cause serious damage. My issue is we have tons of other illnesses, viruses even, that we deal with everyday (or at least during the season when flu isn’t allowed to exist) and I bet they also have the ability to cause similar damage.

I’m still in 100% belief this is completely overblown and will probably be gone entirely (from any media that is) by May, June?
Your reasoning seems scientifically solid. I’m going to believe you over the doctors/nurses. You should take your skills to Facebook!

Got word the mother-in-law's assisted living is going on full lockdown tomorrow. They started taking the temps of visitors two days ago. Staff who have direct contact with residents will be staying there 24/7 for the next few days.

The wife went to Walmart today and they're out of nearly everything. It's nuts.

Damn one of my favorite soccer players to watch back in the day, Mikel Arteta caught the CV too.. Wow.

He's the manager of Arsenal, which is equal to being the HC of the Steelers in terms of soccer.

Wifes work got an email from corporate today. Doors will be locked until March 31. They can have appointments but no in and out traffic.

Maintenance is supposed to wear masks when they have work orders.

Local Sam's has no fresh meat left. Only frozen meat left. Shelves were getting bare in food lion when the wife went on the way home.

I know a lot of people are saying people are over reacting and yes, many are but I'm glad its being taken seriously

Wifes work got an email from corporate today. Doors will be locked until March 31. They can have appointments but no in and out traffic.

Maintenance is supposed to wear masks when they have work orders.

Local Sam's has no fresh meat left. Only frozen meat left. Shelves were getting bare in food lion when the wife went on the way home.

I know a lot of people are saying people are over reacting and yes, many are but I'm glad its being taken seriously

Why is fresh meat going off the shelves before frozen meat?

Im not overly worried myself, but my wife and her mother are freaking out. Trip to FL is now canceled, schools are shutting down tomorrow until further notice.

I just hope this doesn't mess up the draft. Im not going but Id really like it if this blows over so football isnt impacte
d.

People in Vegas , smushed together in close proximity for 3 days straight ...

I would think the draft must go on with no fans. This seems like an event they could still pull off with zero fans. But who knows at this point. Seems like the mass panic hasnt reached its peak. In over a month will see whats the new normal or if things calm down?!

If I hear one more flu comparison I’m gonna burst. Yes flu kills lots of people every year. But that’s because lots of people GET the flu every year. 30k people my die each year from the flu, but 19 MILLION contract it.

COVID has a mortality rate around 20 times that of the flu. Now imagine if 19 million Americans caught it.

And It has an atrocious 14% mortality rate in the elderly.

Yeah, it’s not gonna hurt most of us. True. But it’s not about us. We can’t afford to be casual about it for our elders sake and the immune weakened folks sake. The more of us have it, the more likely they’re gonna get it.

If I hear one more flu comparison I’m gonna burst. Yes flu kills lots of people every year. But that’s because lots of people GET the flu every year. 30k people my die each year from the flu, but 19 MILLION contract it.

COVID has a mortality rate around 20 times that of the flu. Now imagine if 19 million Americans caught it.

And It has an atrocious 14% mortality rate in the elderly.

Yeah, it’s not gonna hurt most of us. True. But it’s not about us. We can’t afford to be casual about it for our elders sake and the immune weakened folks sake. The more of us have it, the more likely they’re gonna get it.
Oldest guy in the forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back