Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would
“We’re tired of being treated like prisoners” work better?
No one is being treated like a prisoner.

Michigan has double the deaths of California while having 1/4 the population. The reason for that is poorly adhering to the guidelines. If people can’t adhere to the guidelines then stricter guidelines are put in place.

short-term suffering for long-term gain. Adults are supposed to understand that. Instead people are throwing a fit like children.

You are willing to concede that the majority of cases are asymptomatic, but you also believe the death rate in a country that's done no antibody tests and only tests hospital patients? Comon' dude. Pick one. You can't have both.

Antibody research indicates coronavirus may be far more widespread than known
I really feel the comparisons to the flu were spot on, it’s just unfortunate that the flu gets associated with something that shouldn’t be taken seriously as well.

I really feel the comparisons to the flu were spot on, it’s just unfortunate that the flu gets associated with something that shouldn’t be taken seriously as well.
This is obviously a much bigger deal than the flu due to the transmission rate. I think it will be very interesting to look back and decide whether we over or under reacted. Who knows at this point. I'm not in love with the current plan, though.

This is obviously a much bigger deal than the flu due to the transmission rate. I think it will be very interesting to look back and decide whether we over or under reacted. Who knows at this point. I'm not in love with the current plan, though.

We will never know for sure if we over-reacted. But we will definitely know if we under-reacted.

you're right, as of today the current mortality rate is 5% in the US, so 2.5 in every 50. thanks for the correction.

That makes more sense, 1 in 50 seemed way too low

It is not just death either that we need to worry about. Hospitals only have so much capacity. And while you can quickly open emergency tent hospitals (if I get covid and have to be hospitalised, I hope it is in a tent :) ) and build ventilators fast, you cannot do the same with nurses and doctors.

Hospital capacity is one of the main reasons the spread needs to be controlled.

For sure

We were too slow to react, and I believe, just a bit too early ‘get back to normal’

Yah, almost everyone was slow to react. And I agree it is a little too early to get back. Ontario has extended about another 4 weeks and I think most US states are the same.

And when we do get back it would have to be gradual.

That makes more sense, 1 in 50 seemed way too low

It is not just death either that we need to worry about. Hospitals only have so much capacity. And while you can quickly open emergency tent hospitals (if I get covid and have to be hospitalised, I hope it is in a tent :) ) and build ventilators fast, you cannot do the same with nurses and doctors.

Hospital capacity is one of the main reasons the spread needs to be controlled.
Our hospital is bare. Only cases now are Covid, brain attacks, PEs. No total joints, no elective surgery, nobody coming for much at all. I moved to small 30 bed hospital from a 450 bed. It’s the same there too. We have maybe 12 Covid patients right now.

No one is being treated like a prisoner.

Michigan has double the deaths of California while having 1/4 the population. The reason for that is poorly adhering to the guidelines. If people can’t adhere to the guidelines then stricter guidelines are put in place.

short-term suffering for long-term gain. Adults are supposed to understand that. Instead people are throwing a fit like children.
Speak for yourself on the prison outlook. I assure you there are people being treated very similarly to a prison.

Speak for yourself on the prison outlook. I assure you there are people being treated very similarly to a prison.
"This is why we can't have nice things."

Enough people don't follow the guidelines and everyone suffers.

Now we have a leader telling people to "liberate" their states, when the states are following his task force's guidelines.

This is all the result of idiocy.

"This is why we can't have nice things."

Enough people don't follow the guidelines and everyone suffers.

Now we have a leader telling people to "liberate" their states, when the states are following his task force's guidelines.

This is all the result of idiocy.
States have been doing what they want since they beginning and even then you, just like everyone else, go by “guidance”.

got any idea how quickly and often the “guidance” has changed since February?

It happens daily at a minimum, not to mention the new info that would entirely change the direction of the guidance, for ex how it’s contracted. That was info that wasn’t figured out until March and even then, unless you’re following along the CDC everyday, those changes aren’t getting to everyone.

im sure everyone knows that the mask requirements have nothing to do with prevention of contraction but absolutely more to do with prevention of possible spreading.

your statement carries true well past COVID about people not being able to follow guidelines. When is it NOT guidance to wash your damn hands? This is how all kinds of things get passed along.

States have been doing what they want since they beginning and even then you, just like everyone else, go by “guidance”.

got any idea how quickly and often the “guidance” has changed since February?

It happens daily at a minimum, not to mention the new info that would entirely change the direction of the guidance, for ex how it’s contracted. That was info that wasn’t figured out until March and even then, unless you’re following along the CDC everyday, those changes aren’t getting to everyone.

im sure everyone knows that the mask requirements have nothing to do with prevention of contraction but absolutely more to do with prevention of possible spreading.

your statement carries true well past COVID about people not being able to follow guidelines. When is it NOT guidance to wash your damn hands? This is how all kinds of things get passed along.
People can't even follow the damn arrows on the floor at the grocery store. It is their fault, not the local or state governments'.

People are just stupid.

People can't even follow the damn arrows on the floor at the grocery store. It is their fault, not the local or state governments'.

People are just stupid.

Not gonna disagree.
So who is the lockdown for?

the people that care enough to take care of themselves, will make every effort.
The people that don’t, won’t.

People that are vulnerable like senior citizens and having underlying conditions. Even healthy people can get it when someone passes it down. Without either knowing it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back