Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Givens is actually a pretty big guy, just over 6 foot, lists at 215 lbs, actually plays closer to a very well muscled 220 lbs. That's the same weight as Calico who is 3-4 inches taller. Givens has good speed, but is not the shifty receiver that Mason is/ was for the Titans. Givens does have excellent hands, and I think that he will be a very good go to receiver who can still stretch the field. But he is a very different style receiver than Mason.

McCareins had great awareness with his footwork...

i.e. when it came to staying in bounds or getting two feet down...
Vivid impression for me.

mccareins001.jpg

Givens and Bennett. I double edged sword.

Bennett IMO had a chance to be a #1 last season and blew it. I just have this picture in my head of him running the post and a ball going right between his hands. It haunts me every time I see him line up. Why Bennett, why did you break my heart like this?

Givens has never had his chance to be a #1. I just hope he can handle it. He plays like Mason a good possession receiver but a #1 not sure. And before you say he was #1 at NE no one was. There were even commercials where all the receivers joke about who is going to be the #1 read in the SB.

If this is the year one of them steps up we can spread the D again. Hey Maybe we can use some of that Calico’s speed. Our run will not face an 8 in the box on every play. McNair (realizing another couple in Tenn was in his best interest) leads the Rag-Tag Titans franchise to the SB only to be injured at the half handing the helm to inVINCable who take the reigns and leads us to our first Super Bowl win.

Remember you heard it hear first. I skipped allot of details but I did not want to be long winded.:))

I guess thats why Given's may be a good fit for the Titans. We have a lot of recievers, and IMO all have potential to do something great, however, its hard to find a Titan receiver thats good enough to be #1.

Bennett is a great #2.
Givens is a great #2, slight potential for #1
RW is a great playmaker
Same for Calico, he just needs to prove himself
BJ looks a good possesion receiver
Roby hasn't made an impression yet, 1 good game.

IMO, we should set out like the Patriots, no #1, all receivers should work together to use their indivdual skills to maximum potential................................man am I bored!

BlazingArrow#9 said:
If this is the year one of them steps up we can spread the D again. Hey Maybe we can use some of that Calico’s speed. Our run will not face an 8 in the box on every play. McNair (realizing another couple in Tenn was in his best interest) leads the Rag-Tag Titans franchise to the SB only to be injured at the half handing the helm to inVINCable who take the reigns and leads us to our first Super Bowl win.

Remember you heard it hear first. I skipped allot of details but I did not want to be long winded.:))

I would like to see Mac and Vince pull off that kind of Music City Miracle. That would be a great way to change the guard (or begin to) Titans Style.;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back