Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.

archived

Prospect
LEGEND
Moola
SUMMARY: It has been rumored the delayed decision in Steve McNair's grievance to June 1 could restart trade talks between the Ravens and the Tennessee Titans. If this is the case, then finding the value for McNair appears to be the first hurdle. The consensus among former NFL executives is McNair only merits a second-day draft pick. "If [the Titans] get more than a fourth-round pick, they ought to give Reese a big raise," said Gil Brandt, a former Dallas Cowboys executive. "People are smart enough to know that he is going to be released unless they can redo his contract. There's no purpose to trade and give up the store for that guy." The Lions received a conditional sixth-round pick from the Miami Dolphins for Harrington on May 12. That selection escalates to a fifth-round choice if Harrington's playing time reaches a designated amount of games. A conditional pick - one that increases based on playing time, amount of wins or a playoff appearance - could be the best way to bridge the gap between the Ravens and the Titans.

What do you think about this article? Post your comments below.

If we did trade him for a conditional pick, does that mean we cheer for the Ravens (except when they play us) so we can get a higher pick? That would be a weird twist. I agree that no matter what, we need to get something in return for McNair.

wonka019.jpg

The problem with McNair's contract

At the very least we are free of the cap clog.:sad2:

Poor Augustus Gloop.

What are you at getting your cap terribly fat?
What do you think will come of that?
I don't like the look of it!

wonkpic6.jpg

goTitans.com said:
The Lions received a conditional sixth-round pick from the Miami Dolphins for Harrington on May 12. That selection escalates to a fifth-round choice if Harrington's playing time reaches a designated amount of games. A conditional pick - one that increases based on playing time, amount of wins or a playoff appearance - could be the best way to bridge the gap between the Ravens and the Titans.
5th to a 4th sounds doable.

wplatham said:
If we did trade him for a conditional pick, does that mean we cheer for the Ravens (except when they play us) so we can get a higher pick?
NO! Not me.
In no way, shape, or form will I ever cheer for the Ravens.....under ANY circumstance.

Everyone hates the Colts, for good reason. With the re-alignment of the divisions and the fact that they have owned us.....but the Ravens are the original. The arrogant coach, the arrogant players......

I'll throw up in my beer the moment I see McNair and Biglick all buddy-buddy on the sidelines talking over a play during a timeout.

PFT was speculating the the arbitrator is delaying his decision to encourage the teams to work it out on their own. Which makes sense, I dont see how it would take two weeks to rule on this. TO's hearing was a lot more complicated and it was resolved in 5 days.

TitanJeff said:
I'll throw up in my beer the moment I see McNair and Biglick all buddy-buddy on the sidelines talking over a play during a timeout.
Jeff, that's such a waste... You could at least throw up in your mouth and spit it on the ground... then you could rinse and gargle with clean smooth Duff. :winker:

SEC 330 BIPOLAR said:
Jeff, that's such a waste... You could at least throw up in your mouth and spit it on the ground... then you could rinse and gargle with clean smooth Duff. :winker:

Just had a mental image of that............now I think I'm gonna barf.

If we do get a 4th, it will be a success, if TitanJeff is right about Reese not trading for a fifth, then it all looks good

...................................apart from Augustus Gloop

TitanJeff said:
Enough to make a grown man cry!

That's why (business or not) I am on the Sec330 Bi-Polar bandwagon of K.M.B.S.M. IF he ends up with the Ravens...I could stomach any other team in the NFL.

I would rather release him as late as possible even we dont get a pick. The later he gets there the harder it will be on him and the Ravens and its worth giving up a 5 to make it as difficult as possible for them. If he gets there really late maybe they start Boller and McNair is a back up. Im still a McNair fan but wont be if he goes to the Ravens they have no respect for anyone and I hope we can cause as many problems as possible for them. A lot of Ravens fans are really torn up about this and many want Ozzie fired if they dont get McNair so to hell with a 5 lets give them all the pain we can.

Or just the thought of McNair and Chris McAllister being all buddy buddy on the sidelines?

1 of the signs of the coming of the 4 horsemen I think but my facts maybe off .....

fltitan said:
I would rather release him as late as possible even we dont get a pick. The later he gets there the harder it will be on him and the Ravens and its worth giving up a 5 to make it as difficult as possible for them. If he gets there really late maybe they start Boller and McNair is a back up. Im still a McNair fan but wont be if he goes to the Ravens they have no respect for anyone and I hope we can cause as many problems as possible for them. A lot of Ravens fans are really torn up about this and many want Ozzie fired if they dont get McNair so to hell with a 5 lets give them all the pain we can.

I agree 100% Mac is gone. So, why make life easy for the Ravens. They would never do us any favors.:evil:

fltitan said:

There's a better chance of us winning the Super Bowl than there is Boller starting ahead of McNair.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back