Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.

archived

Prospect
LEGEND
Moola
Favre says McNair 'doesn't deserve' treatment

CHATTANOOGA, Tenn. (April 20, 2006) -- Brett Favre, who has been treated with patience by the Green Bay Packers while deciding if he will retire, doesn't like the way the Tennessee Titans have dealt with Steve McNair, their veteran quarterback.

"All of the things he has done for that team," the Packers QB said. "He really has been the face of that team for the last 10 or 11 years, the one bright spot really. To be treated that way I think is really unfair. He doesn't deserve it ... It is not right."

edited - Please do not repost complete articles on the board

I like Favre as a player but he is being a jerk. I agree with Nigel he is holding GB hostage. Maybe the Packers need to wise up and treat him like he is treating them

So only gangster's use the word hater? Get a life.

And Farve is a proven pompous *******. He does this every season. Frankly, I think everyone is sick of his bs.

I think what football needs to do, is figure out a way to let the players end their careers gracefully, because it's a shame. Look at all the bad endings lately, Bagwell, Farvre, McNair, Eddie George, Emmitt, Montana, Rice, Olajuwon, Jordan, and it seems like the list goes on and on. And it always ends the same way. With the player slowly wilting away. There has to be a better way for all these legends to go out with their teams in a graceful way.

Like all have you have said, Farve needs to shut his mouth and mind his own business. What I believe is going on behind the scenes is that Bus Cook also Farve's agent is using him to put pressure on the McNair situation and all it has done for Farve is made his look like a moron.

Watching them discuss this whole situation on ESPN-HD's draft special....and they all agree that the way the McNair situation has been handled has been low class for the organization.

They indicated strictly from a business standpoint that they did the right thing...but they addressed it poorly.

McNair is the face of this team, both on and off the field. Like they said, he just received a humanitarian award in Washington for his work with Katrina victims and he has been working with the tornado victims here in Nashville.

So, they treat McNair like he doesn't matter to this team yet Pac is constantly in "questionable situations" lately and I sure as hell don't hear the organization or Bud pulling the strings to straighten that loser out.

Fisher is about to come on if anyone is interested.

Agree....that Favre needs to shut up. He was the one who called out Jeavon Walker to get into camp last year. Walker held out until his deal was done, then had an injury. Had he not held out for a deal, he could have been cut after the injury. When it happened, the same blowhards on ESPN (Salisbury) said they did not want to hear anybody complain about this type of holdout because it was an example of why players do it. Now, the same people are defending Favre on this situation.

I don't want McNair to leave. It should have been handled better. However.... ESPN keeps saying what a huge impact #9 has on the team as a locker room leader, and how he sets the example.
McNair even said himself that he is not the "rah, rah" outspoken leader that Eddie George was. As far as him setting the example.....you have to practice to do that. He said this offseason that he was going to "recommit" himself to training camp, workouts, and practice.....should have started that LAST OFFSEASON.

Business is business I know. But if he is really willing to go to the Ratbirds.....don't let the door hit you on the a$$ on the way out.

I must be a "thread killer". Everytime I post something, the thread dissappears. It only shows when I search a thread and not under new posts.
I don't claim to be a computer or message board genius, but I don't get it.:bonk2:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back