Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.

archived

Prospect
LEGEND
Moola
I have a friend that is working training camp.

He called and told me that during this mornings session LenDale spat in Donnie Nickey's face causing 8-10 players to gang up on lendale and give him a little bit of a beating before coach fisher broke it up.

Said news cameras were there so keep and eye on it tonight.

Nothing like a good ole barnyard square off, but I think LenDale is starting to learn what is and what ain't allowed. "Queens Rule #23; during a round of lively fist-o-cuffs, one must keep all body fluids to ones self. Violations can/could result in ones arse getting duffed".
So far, LenDale has shown me nothing but class. (Some are saying that LenDale has shown them nothing). This event could change a few minds.

http://www.tennessean.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060810/SPORTS01/60810013/1027

What happened: The Titans worked on punting with Craig Hentrich early in practice and also went through individual drills. The quarterbacks and receivers worked a good deal against the secondary before breaking into team drills. During work between the offensive and defensive line the players flip-flopped duties, with the defensive linemen blocking and the offensive linemen rushing. Toward the end of practice things heated up when a fight broke out, with running back LenDale White and safety Donnie Nickey in the middle of it. Nickey accused White of spitting on him, and several players backed up Nickey

guess it was true

fine by me

haven't posted much, just been lurking (keep up the good discussions!)...

but I don't mind this that much...In the long run, that anger will, IMO, help keep the intesity up in practice, which hopefully will translate into better play on game days.

And hey, at least White is healthy enough to practice, that is a good sign...

No telling what Nickey was saying to White to make him spit- but spitting in somebody else's face is the ultimate example of no self-control.

White stock way down in my book. Fat boy better get healthy and gear up.

zackmann said:
haven't posted much, just been lurking (keep up the good discussions!)...

but I don't mind this that much...In the long run, that anger will, IMO, help keep the intesity up in practice, which hopefully will translate into better play on game days.

And hey, at least White is healthy enough to practice, that is a good sign...

If he had enough fluid to spit, he aint working hard enough. Gear up, fat boy.

He needs to lose a little of that belly.

Maybe the more interesting question, who wins if they go crying to the coach, Nickey, or White? It looks like Nickey lost this round. Interesting for a guy who's managed to hang on a bit, compared to a guy who hasn't been able to practice much yet.

We'll, I don't know much about actually playing football, but you don't spit on people. I don't like it. Someone spits on me I try to kick their ***. I'll give him a waiver on this, cause I don't know the whole story, and I'll always give you a waiver once, but this how you end up like Maurice Clarett. You start going down the wrong road like this and you give Chris Brown some leverage.

It's good to see fights at camp, shows intensity and they're tired of playing against each other, time to square off against another team.

But I agree with Phislamma, spitting on someone is never cool. Low class move.

Hoffa said:
It's good to see fights at camp, shows intensity and they're tired of playing against each other, time to square off against another team.

But I agree with Phislamma, spitting on someone is never cool. Low class move.

Agreed, fighting is one thing you are in pads he is in pads burn off some anger in protective gear. Spitting on someone is disrespect and NEVER acceptable. And then to do it to someone on your own team. I was seriously looking at getting this guys jersey for the up coming season. Not so sure anymore.

If there is any positive, it is the defense came together to kick Lendale's ***** in support of their safety. I like that.

I totally agree with blazing arrow #9 about that spitting is disrespect of another team mate. Never acceptable. LenDale needs to apologize and offer his hand for a handshake.

Riverman said:
No telling what Nickey was saying to White to make him spit- but spitting in somebody else's face is the ultimate example of no self-control.

White stock way down in my book. Fat boy better get healthy and gear up.

Exactly where did it say that Nickey accused White of spitting in his face? It didn't. It says Nickey accused White of spitting on him. It could have even been inadvertant. Who knows. Point is, stop trying to manufacture a story.:logo:

ShoTym said:
Exactly where did it say that Nickey accused White of spitting in his face? It didn't. It says Nickey accused White of spitting on him. It could have even been inadvertant. Who knows. Point is, stop trying to manufacture a story.:logo:

taken from the Tennessean:

"Nickey accused White of spitting on him, and several players backed up Nickey

ShoTym said:

I think you miss read the statement and I question if you read the article but it is all laid out pretty clearly. If the team jumped on White after the incident it is pretty obvious that is took place at least to some extent.

The best thing is to let it go, learn from it, whatever.. redirect that fury into progress. Just like Fisher said. LenDale may have spit. Who know's what Donnie may have said. I'd like to pretend it didn't happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back