Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
...This incident is probably the most action Nickey has ever seen in a titans uni.:ha: Did anyone see the clip they showed on NFL Network? Fisher was PISSED OFF.

there was a clip of the fight shown on nfl total access. nickey took his helmet off and swung it at white. you could hear fisher yelling at nickey "the next time you take your helmet off during a game, you're suspended for a month"

Spitting is bad...

I have been to enough practices to know that the most physically aggresive DB out there is nickey. He probably feels he has to be because he is always trying to just make the team.

Spitting on a guy is sissified isn't it? What impulse would cause that? Did eddie ever do something like that?

I like our defensive attitude. Prima donna high draft pick rookie spits on a veteran defensive player so the whole defense comes after him.

Welcome to the NFL lendale...

I love this team!:logo:
:logo: :logo:

Fight Marks Final Day of Practice in Clarksville

SUMMARY: Two fights occured Thursday between rookie RB LenDale White and S Donnie Nickey after White spit at Nickey during team drills. The first of the two encounters came at the end of a running play in team drills. After White carried the ball, he and Nickey got into a shoving match, and Nickey took his helmet off and shoved it toward White’s face. LB Keith Bulluck said, "He spit in his face." The second incident came after a pass intended for White and Nickey charged up from behind him, shoving him in the back. White then elbowed S Vincent Fuller followed by CB Cortland Finnegan becaming involved. Nickey moved back into the mix and he and White went at it. After it was broken up, Nickey walked toward the sideline and threw his helmet. Coach Jeff Fisher then confronted Nickey for his "cheap shot" but later apologized to his safety once he knew the reason for the incident.

What do you think about this article? Post your comments below.

ShoTym said:
Exactly where did it say that Nickey accused White of spitting in his face? It didn't. It says Nickey accused White of spitting on him. It could have even been inadvertant. Who knows. Point is, stop trying to manufacture a story.:logo:

From GoTitans.com:

LB Keith Bulluck said, "He spit in his face."

Pretty good manufacturing to get Keith to believe it also.:ha:

ShoTym said:
Exactly where did it say that Nickey accused White of spitting in his face? It didn't. It says Nickey accused White of spitting on him. It could have even been inadvertant. Who knows. Point is, stop trying to manufacture a story.:logo:

Dont tell this forum to stop manufacturing a story.

Tell Keith Bulluck, The Tennesseean, Nickey, and all of the guys that backed up Nickey to stop manufacturing a story.

probably what happened was that when LW was jawing in nickeys face spit came flying out and hit him in the face causing Nickey to go wacko on him, for some reason i just don't think LW would purposefully spit in nickey's face.....but it does look like the two dont get along very well :ha:

Look at the positive. Mess with one of our D and the whole bunch comes down on you. I love it! In a strange way this shows good for the D.

If he did spit in Nickeys face and I think he probably did its not acceptable but sounds like Coach Fisher took care of it. Having said that it looks like the D may be getting it's nasty personality back what a plus that would be. Nickey isnt a starter and if we had any depth he probably wouldn't make the roster but his teamates came to defend their guy and evidently did it very agressively, the D may be coming together. I would love to have heard the conversation with Fisher and White after Coach found out what happened, I bet he licked all the red off LenDales candy and then some.

Is it just me or does it look like White mockingly throws the ball at one of the Titans defenders in the beginning of the ESPN clip, prompting the shove from Nickey? And then White goes back and says or does something that really sets off Nickey. However from the video somebody other than Nickey also took a good shot at White, however I can't see if it's Fuller, Finnegan or someone else entirely.

It was all just a publicity stunt... Lendale got a new sponsor deal out of it.

LendaleSpit.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back