Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.

archived

Prospect
LEGEND
Moola
SUMMARY: The Titans are putting more of an emphasis on the running game which was stressed again by Coach Jeff Fisher this week in OTAs. Last season, the Titans finished 23rd in the league in total rushing with 1,525 yards on 397 attempts for an average of 95.3 yards per game. The team's top rusher, Chris Brown, didn't have a game where he passed the century mark. On the other side of the ball, the Titans were 22nd in the league at stopping the run giving up 118.4 yards on the ground each game on average. "The rational behind the statistics were just the emphasis on the running game," said Fisher. "Teams that run the football more than they throw it are in the playoffs year after year and we have to get back to that. Now, our play selection didn’t afford us the opportunity to run as much as we wanted because it was a team effort. When you’re having success you’re stopping the run and running the football."

What do you think about this article? Post your comments below.

p1_george_eddie2.jpg

SMASH MOUTH

Its Brown right now, but by week 5, its LenDale.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again. LenDale is our chance to get back to one half of the formula that took us to the Super Bowl, a smash mouth running game. (The other half was a great D) I'm ready to see what LenDale can do against NFL defenses.

wplatham said:
Its Brown right now, but by week 5, its LenDale.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again. LenDale is our chance to get back to one half of the formula that took us to the Super Bowl, a smash mouth running game. (The other half was a great D) I'm ready to see what LenDale can do against NFL defenses.
And the other half will be Vinny.

well, we had the best run stopping defence in the nation when we got to the super bowl, so it really is that important, and i saw chris brown at a kats game, hes really big

I honestly believe that Lendale & Brown could be a very effective combo....the so-called "Thunder and Lightning". Lendale as the grinder who wears down opposing defenses, and CB as the slashing home run threat. (Also, while he has received little recognition as such, Chris has quietly become very dangerous on screen passes....his running style is perfectly suited to the gaps and angles that are part and parcel with screens.)

Coach Bryant used to say " dont forget to dance with them that brung you " and what brought us when we were winning was great defense and running the football. We have the rbs to do it and now its time for the oline to step up. Munch really does need to get these guys to step up so we can run the ball kill the clock bring the lbs and dbs up to the line of scrimmage then throw the ball. When we had the great defense we also had the best time of possession in the league. The D was fresh got of the field on 3rd downs and the other teams offense never got in rhythm. It looks like Coach Fisher is going to go back to what "brung us". This could be a much better year than we think.

Young is the runner. Let's not kid ourselves. He's gonna be a one man wrecking crew. I don't think we will be as smashmouth because of Young's gazelle like style. Lendale is just the side show. Young is the whole enchilada.

Its gonna be Chris Brown and Lendale White...if they are so interested in trading Brown why not bane him from the complex too? I think that was all just a rumor...

And to add to that why wouldnt the titans resign brown anyway? He isnt going to demand a huge amount of money, he will be coming off his rookie contract which isnt worth even that much considering he was a 3rd round draft choice...He also doesnt even seem like a self centered player...

It got a mention yesterday in the paper as well.

Not that I expect it to happen but if LenDale White comes in and looks fantastic and Nash shows something, I think Reese would consider trading Brown for the right deal.

You just don't see many RB trades out there and Brown, IMO, isn't going to get anyone to give up much.

It's best to let it play out. If the Titans are serious about establishing the run game, they'll need all the help they can get.

ha wonder what CB is laughing at there...anyways pretty funny picture but seriously its better to laugh then to smoke your way to the CFL with ricky in your spare time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back