Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Only the Titans could be up 17-0, hold the other team to <150 yards total offense over the game and manage to lose by giving up 2 D/ST TDs and other gaffs. Quite mind blowing.

If we just went 3 and out every drive from HT (and avoid punt blocks) we probably win that game easily. What a waste of a great defensive effort.
Reminds me of how Tannehill lost the Bengals Playoff game when we had home field sealed.

Rudolph is trash. If Levis isn’t the answer they are drafting #1 overall.
Since McNair, we have drafted Vince Young, Jake Locker, Marcus Mariota, Malik Willis (3rd round admittedly), and Levis. Given our history of the past 30 years (since we drafted McNair), the "toss this guy aside, let's draft another" approach has not worked out too well for us. I think that we need to give Levis at least this year to develop here. We can always draft a QB in 2025 if we deem that we need to, but we should also recognize that, given the history above, the next "shiny new QB" from college is far from a sure lock here.

Yea, uh no. The Bears didn’t win this game because of the Titans mythical inability to handle rookie QBs. The defense held the great Caleb Williams to 93 yards passing and 148 total yards on offense. You should win that game.

The Titans lost because of a lack of adjustments, no movement on offense and horrible Special teams play.

Don’t blame this on the defense at all. They handled Williams.
I didn’t blame our defense. Williams did about what I expected, very little. Which I think shows the Titans play badly against a rookie Qb team. Two very unavoidable plays caused the loss of that game, plus their defense adjusting at half time

Since McNair, we have drafted Vince Young, Jake Locker, Marcus Mariota, Malik Willis (3rd round admittedly), and Levis. Given our history of the past 30 years (since we drafted McNair), the "toss this guy aside, let's draft another" approach has not worked out too well for us. I think that we need to give Levis at least this year to develop here. We can always draft a QB in 2025 if we deem that we need to, but we should also recognize that, given the history above, the next "shiny new QB" from college is far from a sure lock here.
Titans highest success rates were from FA QB outside of McNair.
Collins, THill, even Hasselbeck had a competitive team.

And let’s be real, McNair wasn’t a “great” QB. He fit the titans system well and partly because he was tough as s**t and a leader.

Somewhere Vrable is smiling knowing nothing for the Tits has changed
Totally disagree...we lost game one with our own rookie QB and a completely new offense. Defense played great today IMO. Special Teams sucked, and that needs to be corrected very quickly. As for offense, this was game one for a team that (due to the current CBA) barely sees each other on the field in a competitive situation before game 1 of the regular season. Levis has passion, which obviously needs to be harnessed. He also has a cannon of an arm and (to me anyway) a stong desire to win. Today that worked against him due to his inexperience, but that passion is not taught IMO.

I am going to hope that my hunch is right and hopefully will see Levis look much different in the next week (we will see though).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back