Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've noticed a whole bunch of recievers are wearing #'s in the teens lately. Did they finally make that legal?

You're right Titanium, it's goning to seem a little wierd seeing #89 lined up outside! But I think they've only retired something like five numbers.

I think it would be cool to see "00" again. :winker:

maximus said:
Yay. Why couldnt they give Givens a number in the teens. 89 needs to be left open, as does 27.
Any chance 89 or 27 gets retired

Bud Adams said he was going to retire 27 when Eddie was released.

And it makes some sense that Givens is going to where 89, since Frank was the biggest cheerleader of signing up during the offseason.

Vigsted said:
Isn't 87 Calico?

Yeah, and he's had the same luck that the previous owner of that number had with injuries (K Dyse) :hmm: I, for one, am glad he didn't buy it out from Calico.

But you're right - 89 is a BIG set of cleats to jump into.

89 was a good player...

He wasn't god. To suggest that nobody should be wearing wycheck's number is goofy.

You don't retire the number of a TE because he made two pro bowls.

I'm pretty sure Givens wore the number 18 during his rookie preseason (at the time a number indicative of being a low draft choice). I was kind of hoping he'd go back to that as a way of saying "look at me now".

Who gives a damn about numbers

It's a sport for crying out load, I can understand the Bears retiring Walter Payton's number but teams move on.

I don't care!!!

RollTide said:
He wasn't god. To suggest that nobody should be wearing wycheck's number is goofy.

You don't retire the number of a TE because he made two pro bowls.
So you'd be good with someone coming in and wearing #27 as well?

NOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(meltdown)

NOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!

O.k. I'm better now. This sucks, but is was inevitable. I'm pretty sure I remember Bud saying that he is not retiring any more numbers. Someone will be wearing 27 soon too. I won't like that either. Just like I'll hate to see a 9 on somebody else.
This guy better be the real deal though. I'll lead the boo-birds if he doesn't outperform Bennett...

maximus said:
Any chance 89 or 27 gets retired
I don't think so but I do think it's nice to leave those numbers open for a while when you can. But the rules to use a particular range of numbers may have forced the issue here since 89 is the only open number right now.

"I can't say enough about what Eddie meant to the team. I rated him right up there with Earl. I can't pay him a higher compliment than that. We are going to retire his number, his 27. But we had hoped he would wear it a little longer." - Bud Adams in the Houston Chronicle, July 24, 2004

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back