Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a confusing statement

If the lotto system was HEAVILY favored for the worst team- you’d have people outright rolling over to get the worst record.

Currently, if you are the worst- it’s a relatively small reason to be there. 5-10% better chance at getting the top pick. Absolutely no guarantee.

If the lotto system was HEAVILY favored for the worst team- you’d have people outright rolling over to get the worst record.

Currently, if you are the worst- it’s a relatively small reason to be there. 5-10% better chance at getting the top pick. Absolutely no guarantee.
But it’s also a parity theory too. You don’t want teams that had one injury and finished 6-7 getting bigger picks over teams that actually need the #1 for roster building.

There are other ways to address the tanking issue, vs killing bad teams that need the high picks.

But it’s also a parity theory too. You don’t want teams that had one injury and finished 6-7 getting bigger picks over teams that actually need the #1 for roster building.

There are other ways to address the tanking issue, vs killing bad teams that need the high picks.
You win me my ball yet?

It’s absolutely not a perfect scenario.

Again, we’ve always been open to changes, ideas and critiques. If you want to change something, bring the answer to your problem and put it up for league vote.

I will say tho most MAJOR changes are going to require a complete league decision. Minimum majority likely won’t cut it.

It’s absolutely not a perfect scenario.

Again, we’ve always been open to changes, ideas and critiques. If you want to change something, bring the answer to your problem and put it up for league vote.

I will say tho most MAJOR changes are going to require a complete league decision. Minimum majority likely won’t cut it.

I would propose that an easy fix to the weighted lottery idea is a Properly Weighted Lottery with statistically correct numbers. This doesn't require major change, but instead just assigns the correct number of "balls" per team in the bottom 6 that aggregately add up to the right number with best statistical probabilities.

Every scenario I've seen online involve the total number of lottery balls at 100.

There have been 2 breakdowns to distribute that 100 amongst the 6 lottery teams. here are my proposed breakdowns:

finish -------- option 1 --------- option 2
12th -------- 33 balls -------- 38 balls
11th -------- 23 --------------- 23
10th -------- 14 --------------- 14
9th ---------- 10 ---------------- 9
8th ---------- 8 ------------------ 7
7th ----------- 7 ----------------- 4

total balls ------- 95 --------- 95
winner of consolation bracket gets the leftover 5 balls.

This scenario does a few important things, first it gives the best odds to the worst teams(which is what should always be the case) using numbers that are mathematically correct. Second, it weighs the consolation bracket win as heavy as well still keeping with proper competition while still being able to gain significant odds with more lottery balls.

Now, I know what you're thinking, this is too much work. It's not, in fact there are lots of Fantasy football lottery generator tool/websites available and all you do is plug in the number of balls like this....
DraftPickLottery.com - Random Draft Order Generator for Fantasy Leagues

Please guys take this into consideration, it's easy and it's more statistically accurate.
@Scarecrow
@JCBRAVE
@Ensconatus
@SawdustMan
@8and8
@Dee
@Fry

Last edited by a moderator:
I would propose that an easy fix to the weighted lottery idea is a Properly Weighted Lottery with statistically correct numbers. This doesn't require major change, but instead just assigns the correct number of "balls" per team in the bottom 6 that aggregately add up to the right number with best statistical probabilities.

Every scenario I've seen online involve the total number of lottery balls at 100.

There have been 2 breakdowns to distribute that 100 amongst the 6 lottery teams. here are my proposed breakdowns:

finish -------- option 1 --------- option 2
12th -------- 33 balls -------- 38 balls
11th -------- 23 --------------- 23
10th -------- 14 --------------- 14
9th ---------- 10 ---------------- 9
8th ---------- 8 ------------------ 7
7th ----------- 7 ----------------- 4

total balls ------- 95 --------- 95
winner of consolation bracket gets the leftover 5 balls.

This scenario does a few important things, first it gives the best odds to the worst teams(which is what should always be the case) using numbers that are mathematically correct. Second, it weighs the consolation bracket win as heavy as well still keeping with proper competition while still being able to gain significant odds with more lottery balls.

Now, I know what you're thinking, this is too much work. It's not, in fact there are lots of Fantasy football lottery generator tool/websites available and all you do is plug in the number of balls like this....
DraftPickLottery.com - Random Draft Order Generator for Fantasy Leagues

Please guys take this into consideration, it's easy and it's more statistically accurate.
@Scarecrow
@JCBRAVE
@Ensconatus
@SawdustMan
@8and8
@Dee
@Fry
You so worried about every and all balls
When you just need to worry about one

The one you need to win for me

You so worried about every and all balls
When you just need to worry about one

The one you need to win for me
Stop worrying about my team and set a f*cking lineup that doesn’t involve a guy that’s been out since Sunday you dipsh*t.

You want my pick so bad, you should be encouraging everyone to listen to this proposal instead of your nonsense blathering.

Stop worrying about my team and set a f*cking lineup that doesn’t involve a guy that’s been out since Sunday you dipsh*t.

You want my pick so bad, you should be encouraging everyone to listen to this proposal instead of your nonsense blathering.
I’m a little busy starting my business to worry about one ball when I’m assured Two/the top three picks anyways thanks to you

Which is why I’m relying on you to win it for me

I understand what you are saying, but the reason it was set up like this is to help with disparity. You absolutely do no lt want a team that just misses the playoffs to get the 1.1, because then a team like Dee’s will absolutely never get an opportunity to rebuild.

You are looking at fairness through numbers, I’m not for this change at all.

I understand what you are saying, but the reason it was set up like this is to help with disparity. You absolutely do no lt want a team that just misses the playoffs to get the 1.1, because then a team like Dee’s will absolutely never get an opportunity to rebuild.

You are looking at fairness through numbers, I’m not for this change at all.
Wait, what? I'm totally confused by this statement.

You agree we want to skew the odds in the favor of the worst records, but yet you are not for this change by skewing the odds in the favor of the worst records?

Wait, what? I'm totally confused by this statement.

You agree we want to skew the odds in the favor of the worst records, but yet you are not for this change by skewing the odds in the favor of the worst records?
Gotcha

My only concern, is once an owner realizes they aren’t going to compete, they start to tank. In a league this competitive, you can’t have teams purposely tanking. Fred is essentially doing it in the other league, because it isn’t as competitive, no one cares.

After rereading your proposal, I wouldn’t be 100% against it NEXT year, but I don’t feel like you can make a change like this after people have traded picks.

Gotcha

My only concern, is once an owner realizes they aren’t going to compete, they start to tank. In a league this competitive, you can’t have teams purposely tanking. Fred is essentially doing it in the other league, because it isn’t as competitive, no one cares.

After rereading your proposal, I wouldn’t be 100% against it NEXT year, but I don’t feel like you can make a change like this after people have traded picks.
It’s never gonna be a good time to make this change. And I don’t understand your logic of this being a bad time because of traded picks, I’m still advocating for the worst team to have the best odds and technically I had that pick 2 weeks ago.

What I’m mostly against is the possibility of having 2 teams with the same odds of getting the 1st overall pick. That doesn’t seem right, given the proper mathematical weight of a lottery and even considering the added consolation ball(s). It still shouldn’t add up

Also, as I stated in previous posts, tanking could and should be handled completely independent of the draft lottery. They do not need nor should they be tied together.

It’s never gonna be a good time to make this change. And I don’t understand your logic of this being a bad time because of traded picks, I’m still advocating for the worst team to have the best odds and technically I had that pick 2 weeks ago.

What I’m mostly against is the possibility of having 2 teams with the same odds of getting the 1st overall pick. That doesn’t seem right, given the proper mathematical weight of a lottery and even considering the added consolation ball(s). It still shouldn’t add up

Also, as I stated in previous posts, tanking could and should be handled completely independent of the draft lottery. They do not need nor should they be tied together.
Well they would be the two worst teams if that ever happened

No chance #7 has as good chance as #1.

@Dee has far and away the worst team, and no picks. That is why, imo, it would be unfair to make this change so soon.

I don’t know what trade he made for those picks, but that would change the value of those picks immensely, after the trade has already been done.

I’m not against the change as of now, but for this draft, I think it would be unfair.

@Dee has far and away the worst team, and no picks. That is why, imo, it would be unfair to make this change so soon.

I don’t know what trade he made for those picks, but that would change the value of those picks immensely, after the trade has already been done.

I’m not against the change as of now, but for this draft, I think it would be unfair.
Wait, because he has no picks it’s not fair? He traded those picks and those picks had value because of where they are potentially slotted.

By your reasoning, Dee should get the 1st overall pick because he needs them the most, but he decided to ship off some of those picks for players, how do you justify penalizing his trade partners?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back