Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
RollTide said:
All that talk about homelessness must have caused the tears to run like rain. Give me a break.

A reporter once asked dan marino about the move from the orange bowl to spanking brand new joe robby stadium in miami. Marino said it should not matter much since the field is still 100 yards long.

Did jeff fisher do a good job with the team during a period of adveristy? Sure but they were still only 8-8 those years it wasn't like he heroically got them to the playoffs. Had they not had that problem in 96 and 97 the oilers might have won a couple more games? I don't consider the team homless in 98 because they were in nashville and all the players were able to settle there, buy homes and such. So what if it wasn't a brand new stadium with those club seats you love.

I thought great coaching was when you won despite adversity not going 8-8 or 4-12. I guess your standards are just lower than mine.

Yes, but he was just moving across town. Playing in Houston in 1996 when Houstonians knew they were leaving. Playing in Memphis in 1997 when Memphis knew they werent staying for long. Memphis just got their first major league team 2 or 3 years ago. In 1998, they played at Vandy to home crowds of 30,000 or smaller most of the time.
All 3 years the Oilers went 8-8, amazing for not being able to play in the same home stadium for consecutive years.
In 1999, we went 13-3, playing in the stadium built for the Titans. Sure the players were better, but the home crowds of 68000, surely didnt hurt.

RollTide said:
And starkiller i don't want to shock you with this fact; other teams also have injuries. Sit down if you feel faint because i know that is something that never occured to you. Only the titans have ever had injury problems right? Snap out of it! When you coach a team for 11 full seasons you are going to have a couple of years when injuries are too overwhelming to have any chance at winning. I know that is a shocking revelation to you but it is true.
Other teams have injuries yes, but when you lose 160+ games to starters in a season, a 5-11 team can be expected.

Starkiller said:
The RCA Dome is the smallest NFL stadium and, as far as I know, there is no club or suites.

Actually there are both.

Not sure how many club seats there are, but the lower level between the
40's on each side are all club seats.
There are also suites all the way around the Dome on the 2nd level. They are sold out and there's a waiting list for them.

Back on topic: No way McNair's going to the HOF, IMO.

Starkiller's dishonest numbers..

I'm not sure how starkiller's numbers make any point for him. The arguement is about so called large markets vs small and starkiller's stupid contention that the poor helpless expo like titans can't compete. Bullcrap!

2004 top 15 rankings in revenues according to forbes.

1. Redskins
2. Cowboys
3. Texans
4. pats
5. Eagles
6. Broncos
7. Browns
8.Bears
9. Bucs
10. Ravens
11. Dolphins
12. Packers
13. Lions
14. Titans
15. Steelers

Note- no correlation whatsoever between market population and revenue meaning the concept of "small market" is bullcrap!

Note-No correlation between revenues and winning on the field. Did being 2 and 3 in revenues in 2004 make dallas and houston playoff teams in 2005? 9 of the top 15 revenue makers did not make the playoffs.

Note-The smallest market, green bay is ranked 12th while the largest market the giants are ranked 20th.

Note- The colts were not even in the top 25 in revenues in 2004. The jags just 21st. Once again debunking the starkiller delusion that the titans have too small a market to compete.

I do agree with starkiller's new stadium premise but don't the titans have a new stadium? Starkiller himself sits in those same club seats he considers so essential as a revenue base. So what is the point?

Maximus...

a 5-11 team can be expected.
------------------------

That's just my point, a great coach does more than just what is expected. We could have had any of the coaches who were just fired and won 9 games with them the last 2 years. Tice, mularkey, mooch, haslett, sherman. You can't tell me any of those guys couldn't have won 4 games this year. Any bozo could have pulled 4 wins out of that team.

RollTide said:
Any bozo could have pulled 4 wins out of that team.
bozo.jpg

Sorry Starkiller...couldn't resist...:lol3:

RollTide said:
I'm not sure how starkiller's numbers make any point for him. The arguement is about so called large markets vs small and starkiller's stupid contention that the poor helpless expo like titans can't compete. Bullcrap!

2004 top 15 rankings in revenues according to forbes.

Note- no correlation whatsoever between market population and revenue meaning the concept of "small market" is bullcrap!
Rolltide, I didn't ever suggest big market vs. small market as such a literal translation. It's pretty well used terminology, even though it really comes from it's use in other sports where there isn't NFL-style revenue sharing. Hell, I only even said it 1 time, so you are the one who has been using the term "small market", not me.

I have specifically mentioned stadium revenues, not market size. So you're fighting the wrong argument, again.

Note-No correlation between revenues and winning on the field.
I never suggested otherwise using the current system. As I've said multiple times above, the difference in revenues will only make a significant impact if 2007 becomes an uncapped year.

I do agree with starkiller's new stadium premise but don't the titans have a new stadium? So what is the point?
Well, considering that it's been my premise all along, it's nice to see that you agree with me once again despite the fact that you keep arguing with me anyway...

Note - "large market / small market" is not based soley on population of that city. It is the city, the surrounding areas it draws in, the median income, etc....

Now, to try and get this train wreck back on the track...........
I would like to see #9 in the HOF, but I don't see it happening. Unless....he signs a 2 year deal and wins a Superbowl in 1 or both of those seasons. Unfortunately, the hall voters seem to be enamoured with Superbowl rings.

I believe that the McNair HOF possibility is borderline. A 2nd or 3rd year selection MAYBE.. conservative offense to blame. The "three yards and a cloud of dust philosophy" may leave us wondering what could have been... if they consistently had the personnel to pass like they did in his MVP season.

RollTide said:
a 5-11 team can be expected.
------------------------

That's just my point, a great coach does more than just what is expected. We could have had any of the coaches who were just fired and won 9 games with them the last 2 years. Tice, mularkey, mooch, haslett, sherman. You can't tell me any of those guys couldn't have won 4 games this year. Any bozo could have pulled 4 wins out of that team.

And once again you bore us with your nonsensical drivel.
5-11 wasn't expected....it is what happens when you have the most injuries of any team in over a decade. We were a JV team playing a varsity schedule.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back