Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
More than $5 million of it will likely be spent on signing this year's rookies. Haynesworth is headed for a contract year, so If he finally moves beyond the "could be" stage and actually becomes a consistently great performer, he would have to be the first priority. I think Bennett is very average most years and was less than average last year when the pressure was finally on him to perform. The exception was the streak of games with Volek in '04 when they lit it up. In NFL terms, that was a long time ago for both of them.

I would use the 9M internally instead of externally. That is I would identify some of the younger Titans that I did NOT want to reach FA and throw some money at them to lock them down for the bulk of their careers.

Its a win-win. The players would become Millionaires at the signing and the Titans would be in control of their CAP for years.

Again I would be selective and only make the offers to the guys I truly wanted around.

As an example if Roos works out as everyone expects at LT he would be a guy I would target. Would consider Troupe as well.

I agree that we need to head into the season with several mil in cap space so that we can lock up a young guy or 2. The young players would know that they are playing for an extension if we headed into the season with cap space.

No doubt we will bring in a vet CB. Question is do we bring in Law at a cap friendly deal to compete for a starting spot or do we sign a guy for the vet minimum to be a backup outside. I flip-flop on a daily basis. If Law would do a cap friendly deal then I'd make that move. 10 mil SB with 1mil base salary on a 5yr deal meaning a cap hit of 3mil this yr. Would still leave some room to sign a young guy to an extension.

I don't know that there is any way to bring in Law at a cap friendly figure. He wants a $10 million signing bonus and $4 million per year. If he settles for less, I would think it would be with a better team like KC or NE.

The talk has been Plummer and Law which I know have both visited but are we really going to pick up another injury prone player? I would think with our over abundance of injuries over the last two seasons that we might be very hesitant on bringing in dead cap room again.

Injury Prone?

No offense, but he's not. In 11 years in the NFL, the guy has missed more than one game in a season only 4 times. He's only had one season where he missed more than three games. The potential problem with Law is that he could be getting old, and might be losing a step or two, not that he's injury prone.

I'd love to get him, but doubt he'll come down enough for us to afford him.

Where did you hear that Law wanted a base salary of 4mil plus the 10 mil SB? I had only heard about the 10 mil SB.

If we feel good about Pac and Hill as our starters then I'd have no problem going for a solid backup at CB. But I think it would be really good for both Pac and Hill to feel the pressure of having to win their starting job again.

I would think that Plummer would be willing to sign a vet minimum deal to try and resurrect his career. I can't imagine that their is another team that he would have a better chance of starting for than the Titans.

Titans2004 said:
...I would think that Plummer would be willing to sign a vet minimum deal to try and resurrect his career. ..

It's true Plummer could be a perfect cap fit for us but it sure doesn't seem like the coaches were that impressed with him a couple of weeks ago.
Looking a little ahead, as the camps continue and teams begin shedding additional cap space, are there any other veteran CB's that are likely to hit the market? Who signed top talent in the draft?

If Plummer was willing to sign for the minimum, he would have signed already. After KVB, someone would have taken a chance on him.

I agree that Plummer would have already been signed if he was willing to play for the minimum. At some point Plummer has to say is it worth more to have a shot to start and make the minimum or better to make a little more and be solely a backup. Certainly getting the playing time helped KVB have the chance to earn his $$$.

Does anyone want Billy to start:crazy: .Kerry Collins would be a way better pick than an unproven 2nd string QB. Or they could take Plummer. He seems to be a more posative influence in the locker room.

several teams have expressed interest in Law and it was rumored that one team was close on terms, but he's been on the market for awhile now ... I wonder what the holdup is. ?

:)) Plummer b/c............well hes a Buckeye lol

try and sign him for the Vet minimum and let him try and work his way back and if it dosent pan out then o well.......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back