Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.

archived

Prospect
LEGEND
Moola
but shut the %^&* up!!!!!

Bengals receiver Chad Johnson hopes the (Roethlisberger) accident doesn't cause teams to impose more contractual limits on dangerous activities by players.

"They took away the (touchdown) celebrations. Now we can't enjoy ourselves outside of the facility? That's not fair," Johnson said.

With 85 being my favorite player outside of the Titans organization I respect what he says/does. I agree with him 100%. If your going to do something dangerous do it the safest way possible...

KamikaZ said:
What's wrong with what he said? Enlighten me.
Ben Roethlisberger apologized to the Pittsburgh Steelers, fans and his family on Thursday, hours after being released from a hospital, saying he was fortunate to be alive and pledging to wear a helmet if he ever again rides a motorcycle.

http://www.ohio.com/mld/ohio/news/breaking_news/14819199.htm?source=rss&channel=ohio_breaking_news

This is the first paragraph of the source article.

I'm not passing judgement. I'm just an advocate of personal responsibilty.

Cincinnati Bengals quarterback Carson Palmer said those criticizing Roethlisberger for not wearing a helmet should back off.

Brian said:
I'll do you a favor. Why don't you figure it out for yourself.

What did he say that was so wrong? Why should the rest of the NFL be penalized for this guy being a dip**** and not wearing a helmet?:sad2:

KamikaZ said:
What did he say that was so wrong? Why should the rest of the NFL be penalized for this guy being a dip**** and not wearing a helmet?:sad2:
http://www.sociallyabrasive.com/kellen_winslow.htm

check this out.

Stanbro said he guessed Winslow was going at "a very high rate of speed" when he did the wheelie (a stunt in which a bike rides on its back wheel only).

"He gunned it," Stanbro said. "He was going real fast. I'd estimate between 40 and 50 miles per hour."

Stanbro was doing a best guess on the speed and distance of the wheelie.

"It appeared to us he was riding with a bunch of very experienced riders," Stanbro said. "The way they were dressed, their bikes. His bike had a 30-day tag on. He looked a little uncertain.
He had his helmet on.
Maybe it's the same reasons you give young, hot daughters a curfew... These guys are no good on the field if they are "knocked up".

GhostZ said:
this was just a stupid mistake, and i hope that he gets well very soon
yeah, uh speaking of mistakes...
I just learned that the Judge fined him a few hundred dollars for operating a motorcycle without the proper endorsement on his licence. Were any of you guys aware that he was not legally authorized by the state of Pennsylvania to ride a motorcycle in the first place? I wasn't. :lol:

Well, not only did he not have a liscense, but he was talking to the media about riding without a helmet last year, when he only had his permit. Apparently you aren't allowed to ride without a helmet until you've had your liscense a full two years. If you're an athelete, you should know how much your words are over scrutinized, don't tell people that you're doing something stupid AND illegal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back