Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
u kno.. i was thinking about it. but i dont think so now. all u have to do is compare him to Bruce and then u will get ur answer.

is there a tennessee HOF or something? if there is then him and mcnair can go there and eddie can go to canton LOL i hope they all make it but its no likely

a HOF lineman will be a Pro Bowler for 8+ years. It's a combination of longevity and skill (Munchak, Matthews, etc.)

For example, I consider Willie Roaf on the bubble cuz he's been a Pro Bowler for a few years but he's not very durable. On the other hand, Jonathan Ogden is a sure-fire HOFer if you ask me

The only two Titans who are going into the hall of fame are Bruce and Gary Anderson. Eddie wont. Frank wont. Unless Steve wins the next two Super Bowls, he wont.

TitanJeff said:
Correct. He'll be a Vike. And Bruce will be wearing the Oilers uni.

That means if Steve makes the HOF he'll need 1 or 2 super bowl wins,

which is very hard, and then he'll retire with the rat-turds, and that'll be it.

Eddie doesn't have enough seasons to go to the HOF, but Frank has a Good

chance, well better than anyone besides Bruce.

So Jeff the only ones we have that will probably go to the HOF right now

are: Frank, and Bruce. RIGHT!!!

Roaf on the bubble?

He's been to 11 pro bowls! Roaf and odgen(9 pro bowls) for sure in the hall. Another contemporary of hopkins was richmond webb who went to 7 pro bowls and has a chance. All three obviously a notch above hopkins. Gary zimmerman(7 pro bowls) is another guy who comes to mind.

Lineman are harder to compare because we don't have stats for them like we do for skill players. Because of that the same guys make the pro bowl year after year even if they don't deserve it. It's hard to get recognition.

Interesting that hopkins, mcnair, george, kearse and maybe in a few years mason have all had great careers but just not quite hall marterial.

Frank in the hall....

Again same situation as hopkins. Several players in the same era were better,,,gonzalez, sharpe. Wycheck is not in the top 50 in any receiving stat and has a puny 28 career TDs. Antonio gates already has 25 TD and he's just 26 years old.

Even ben coates has a better case. His recept and yardage stats are similar to wycheck but he has 22 more TDs and made 3 more pro bowls.

Forget about it.

RollTide said:
He's been to 11 pro bowls! Roaf and odgen(9 pro bowls) for sure in the hall. Another contemporary of hopkins was richmond webb who went to 7 pro bowls and has a chance. All three obviously a notch above hopkins. Gary zimmerman(7 pro bowls) is another guy who comes to mind.

I'm sorry, I didn't mean Pro Bowls, I meant All-Pro teams. Pro Bowl is full of BS, as you said, some players just make it cuz we're used to seeing them there...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back