Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m irrational? I can only have an opinion if I actually go to every game or is it just 1 or is there a requisite number of games you have to actually attend in order to have an opinion ??
you can have any opinion you want

but if you dont go to games the acceptance of losing is meaningless... you have little buy in

Last edited by a moderator:
For what kind of deal? The Jets don't have the money to pay him, and it would be dumb to swallow it all.
cant really disagree... BUT Titans already committed to 23 CAP... as long as Jets took whatever remains moving T17 for the appropriate haul of 7 1st and 32 2nds and shotgun seat whenever Amy is in NYC would be fine... I guess cause I just dont see T17 being a Titan in 24

Go for it.

The '83 Rockets tanked their way to drafting Akeem Olajuwon and ended up winning 2 NBA titles.

The '02 Cavs tanked their way to drafting LeBron James.

The '83 Pittsburgh Penguins tanked their way to drafting Mario Lemieux.

The '96 Spurs tanked their way to drafting Tim Duncan.

The Florida/Miami Marlins, Chicago Cubs, and Houston Astros have all tanked their way to World Series titles. The Stros tanked their way to 4 WS appearances in 6 years. So to say it 'never' works is just flat out provably false.

I'll pick about the 'accept losing' tomorrow, unfortunately my evening has gotten away from me...

The '83 Rockets tanked their way to drafting Akeem Olajuwon and ended up winning 2 NBA titles.

The '02 Cavs tanked their way to drafting LeBron James.

The '83 Pittsburgh Penguins tanked their way to drafting Mario Lemieux.

The '96 Spurs tanked their way to drafting Tim Duncan.

The Florida/Miami Marlins, Chicago Cubs, and Houston Astros have all tanked their way to World Series titles. The Stros tanked their way to 4 WS appearances in 6 years. So to say it 'never' works is just flat out provably false.

I'll pick about the 'accept losing' tomorrow, unfortunately my evening has gotten away from me...
Not one of those team made the NFL playoffs yet alone winning a SB.

each sport has its own differences. Didn’t say it, but I was referring to the NFL.

A better choice would have been to just take a drive and hand the ball off. Take the ball out of his hands for a few plays, the running game was working for the most part too.

one noticeable piece of his bad INT was that he was hit on 2. Probably holding the ball too long.
The 3rd INT to Moore was just an awful call by the refs. Clear PI on 2 occasions, same throw.
He surely had a bad day. But those receivers were not helping him. He was mauled nearly every down.
One thing about Tanny that most folks know, he has to have a clean pocket. He don’t do good under pressure. I think that’s why play action was some of his best stuff. Folks loading the box giving him time to throw unimpeded and allowing someone to get open
Yesterday, it looked as if he didn’t trust his arm and I think he threw to Hopkins so much because the other guys were covered so much.
That fumble called an incomplete pass could have been a game changer.
Refs blew it dead, then called it incomplete with evidence showing it was just to keep folks from griping about calling it dead

Yep Torbert couldn’t overturn it as he should because it would highlight they blew it by calling it dead. I f’in hate when the sweep it under the rug. Just own the mistake.

To me tanking is purposely losing to get the top pick...what I'm saying is if Tannehill continues to suck and hurt the team then give the 2 QB draft picks a chance... isn't that why we drafted them?
I still have no freaking idea why we drafted them. It damned sure isnt because either one has the potential to be a franchise qb,

I will be scratching my head for years wondering why we wasted draft picks.

If you watch some of the tape, it shows that tannehill was the problem. Tons of open receivers with plenty of separation, should have made it easy for him, Tannehill just didn't see them or chose to go another way because he got nervous. (click here if you'd like to see for yourself)

And while our OL are not world beaters they played pretty respectably:

I do agree though, that part of the problem is he's simply afraid to step into it now. Add it to the list of reasons why we need to move on.
reading through these takes I believe this is spot on. Tanny did cost the titans the game he has zero pocket awareness and you can tell he is worried about getting hit or injured so much so that you can frequently see him throwing off his back foot versus having the weight on the front. this will take off accuracy and speed of his passes leading to more interceptions. He should have got a 4rd interception in the 4th quarter. I also believe the Titans inept coaching staff you can tell did not have this team ready the New OC is calling the same dumbed down vanilla offense titan fans have suffered through almost 30 years. This is a game they should have won and will very easily cost them another playoff appearance. Not sure why the Titans fail to use the TE in any of the plays if you notice the TE is always a blocker for the titans....

do we know who the new OC is calling the plays for the titans?? why can't they design some curl out plays to get tanny out of the pocket. This offense is more vanilla than high school ball

Last edited by a moderator:
Not one of those team made the NFL playoffs yet alone winning a SB.

each sport has its own differences. Didn’t say it, but I was referring to the NFL.

The fact is, If you solve QB (and I mean really solve QB) then your window for competing lasts roughly 15-20 years (or however long your QB is good for).

I am still waiting on the genius who has an option instead of just repeating the same stuff..... in order to change you need something to CHANGE to....

I have yet to see a "get rid of him" person give one viable option.

so here's your chance.. who do we bring in to replace Tannehill right now today?

Malik or Levis could have performed better than Tanne on Sunday, That was legitiamately one of the worst games I've ever seen from a Titan QB, and that includes Malik's shitshows last season

At least by moving on you see what you got in Malik/Levis. Then you will know whether or not we need to trade some guys before the deadline to load up on draft picks so you can move up in next years draft if you need to.

Malik or Levis could have performed better than Tanne on Sunday, That was legitiamately one of the worst games I've ever seen from a Titan QB, and that includes Malik's ****shows last season

At least by moving on you see what you got in Malik/Levis. Then you will know whether or not we need to trade some guys before the deadline to load up on draft picks so you can move up in next years draft if you need to.

They "could have" but more likely they would not have. They have done nothing to make me think either one would have had a better game.

Malik took 2 1/2 games against insurance salesmen to break 100 yards. The guy will never, ever, ever, ever be a decent NFL QB. He was lucky to get drafted and get a check in the first place. Levis, well 1/2 game was all we could get out of him. Been injured for the past 2 years now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back