Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dodd was a bad pick, but he was projected as a late 1st mid 2nd, so the need and value was there.

The problem with Dodd was he was viewed as a one year wonder.

But you look at Dodd, Beasley, Clowney and to some degree Landry...maybe JRob needs to stay out of the Edge evaluations..although Dodd was his first draft as the GM, so the evaluation process was done
Yeah, either JRob stays out of the edge evaluations or fire the scouts that seem to be giving bad advice.

Yes I can prove it lol. All you’ve gotta do is look around the league.... pick a GM from another team and compare how many pro bowls, all pro’s, starters, and busts. Then do the same for FA and trades.

W-L can be factored but it doesn’t account for what the GM inherited before him. I’m sure it’s also on JRob Vrabel punted on 4th and 2....this isn’t something you can use ONE stat to make an educated decision on. But if that’s all you’re willing to look at I can’t change that.
Didn’t say that W-L only factor, just one I was comfortable using as an overall performance indicator.

The parameters you suggest above can be disputed as arbitrary, relative to popular vote, and the quality of the team they are on. Eg- A “starter” on a 4-12 team likely might not perform well enough to start on another team.

basic premise remains the same- that comparison is parameter dependent and can’t “prove” or “disprove” a premise. It’s simply an opinion and it’s legitinate to disagree. Even ok in my book to try to change another’s opinion as long as avoiding insults.

Didn’t say that W-L only factor, just one I was comfortable using as an overall performance indicator.

The parameters you suggest above can be disputed as arbitrary, relative to popular vote, and the quality of the team they are on. Eg- A “starter” on a 4-12 team likely might not perform well enough to start on another team.

basic premise remains the same- that comparison is parameter dependent and can’t “prove” or “disprove” a premise. It’s simply an opinion and it’s legitinate to disagree. Even ok in my book to try to change another’s opinion as long as avoiding insults.

But if you’re taking into consideration W-L then the starter on a 4-12 will factor into the data.

Can I just take a moment to express how stoked I am that Wilson is off our squad finally. And if we can turn that 7th into our kicker of the future it would be amaze balls.

2 trips to the SB and a SB in the last 2 years, KC is doing something right

Granted they are losing or going to lose players but isn't that how some teams work it? Build up, win it, tear it down, build up again?

2 trips to the SB and a SB in the last 2 years, KC is doing something right

Granted they are losing or going to lose players but isn't that how some teams work it? Build up, win it, tear it down, build up again?

Mahomes is what they are doing right. Let’s not forget that KC was always in the playoffs when Veech took over as GM. Mahomes took them to the next level.

Mahomes isn’t on his rookie deal anymore so it’s going to be harder to cover up the misses and mistakes the GM has made. His cap hit last year was $5.3 million. Those days are now gone.

I bet every fan in the nfl can slate their team about draft picks being busts and mediocre for a 1st rounder. Yes last year wasn't our best, he took a swing and a miss for wilson but he's got good grip on things like team management, good at picking decent mid rounders and keeping us relevant.

I'm critical about our team but in jrob I trust.

Mahomes is what they are doing right. Let’s not forget that KC was always in the playoffs when Veech took over as GM. Mahomes took them to the next level.

Mahomes isn’t on his rookie deal anymore so it’s going to be harder to cover up the misses and mistakes the GM has made. His cap hit last year was $5.3 million. Those days are now gone.
This. The cuts KC is making now are a direct result of Mahomes cap hit going up.

I knew it was a big mistake when JRob made the pick. He didn’t even look good on highlights. How do we know more than the GM? It seem anytime all of us are in agreement that someone is a bad draft pick, they usually are.
Why even take a gamble at an unproven guy on a first round pick. If it was because of his size and potential, there are a lot of those fellows running around amongst us . I would bet they could be signed undrafted on the cheap and probably give more effort.

This. The cuts KC is making now are a direct result of Mahomes cap hit going up.

Yep. I’d say a lot of GM’s around the league would look spectacular with a QB on a rookie deal winning MVP (although it’s very hard to do so kudos to him for picking Mahomes).

But once you start shelling out big bucks for a QB that’s when every mistake is magnified. We are experiencing a bit of that ourselves right now.

Yep. I’d say a lot of GM’s around the league would look spectacular with a QB on a rookie deal winning MVP (although it’s very hard to do so kudos to him for picking Mahomes).

But once you start shelling out big bucks for a QB that’s when every mistake is magnified. We are experiencing a bit of that ourselves right now.
100%, our problems right now are down to having a QB on 30m

@Riverman i know you previously mentioned the KC GM as an example of a great GM. Found this tweet today. let’s not forget that outside of Mahomes he hasn’t really drafted a meaningful starter (core player) yet.

Sources: Chiefs to restructure Mahomes' contract

This GM not afraid to kick the can down the road a bit with the inevitable increasing cap after next few years. He’s GMing to keep a winning team together. Just to say he’s a pretty good GM, better than average for sure IMO.

Sources: Chiefs to restructure Mahomes' contract

This GM not afraid to kick the can down the road a bit with the inevitable increasing cap after next few years. He’s GMing to keep a winning team together. Just to say he’s a pretty good GM, better than average for sure IMO.

Hahaha you crack me up man. I wasn’t trying to throw you under the bus though. Just pointing out every GM has head scratching moves. The only reason I brought this up was because you specifically mentioned him.

Fans crack me up with the contract extensions.

We either need to cut them because they make too much money or pay them more money and commit to keeping them for a longer time.

Drafting Wilson was a crap move and there is no other way around it. Worst move JRob has made. Dodd the other. How do you miss that far on the players personality? These kind of things can be the difference between winning a SB or not. We can still have a competitive team but what if ......

You are sitting there with a decent RT in Kelly knowing you will be needing a CB and S in the near future. You have to be looking a couple of drafts ahead. We took Fulton but at that pick we did not know what CBs would be available. A few picks after ours the Giants took Xavier Mckinney an ascending S. Obviously any pick beats Wilson but the point here is we could have actually taken a player that could be a significant help (McKinney played slot, box and free at Bama, a perfect tool to use and what we needed). We could have also taken and edge player or in inside DT knowing Jones might be in his last year. Passed on a a few real nice WRs as well (knowing Davis might not be back). IMO RT value wasn't really there to begin with and we landed the biggest pile of doo doo we could. What a waste.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back