Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.

archived

Prospect
LEGEND
Moola
"When talking to Titans general manager Floyd Reese, you could hear the excitement in his voice about the possibility of drafting and developing a young franchise quarterback. With the third overall pick in April's draft, and with the Texans likely to pick Reggie Bush, Tennessee will pick either Matt Leinart (Reese's preferred choice) or Vince Young — whichever QB isn't selected by the Saints. I asked Reese if the rising Jay Cutler was an option for the Titans. Reese, who has seen the quarterback's entire career at nearby Vanderbilt, flatly said no."

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/5356890

I wouldn't put too much into that, either way. It would be dumb to rule out anything before the draft, unless you're absolutely sure you don't want to trade down at all.

Would the Titans rather have Cutler at 3 or trade down? Trade down. They're getting other teams to take notice so they're feeling what the titans will do. Apparently the dolphins wanna trade up- and if the dolphins think the titans are gonna take him at #3, thats the highest he'll go. So it may just be that the titans are playing the media.

What do people have against Cutler? Is it because hes not the popular choice i.e. Lienart, or is it because UT fans are still pissed off that good Ole Phil couldn't hold off Vandy forever. Now to say that Cutler will rise above Lienart and/or Young may seem foolish, and I accept that. But if you noticed y'all are the only ones clamoring against him right now??? Hes a Hell of a talent that could prove to be one of the better QB's in the draft as could Vince Young or Lienart. I am just astounded that hometown boy is getting bashed as much as he is even though he has had one of the more stellar careers of any SEC quarterback. Yeah you can pull up his stats, but if you look at where he fits in historically he ranks among the top SEC QB's. Whether he becomes a Titan or not is out of any fans hands, but at least show him some props for having the success he is, it doesn't happen often to Vandy nation.

I don't dislike Cutler - but he's got the same ?? like VYoung to me. His stock has sky rocketed for one reason or another, and its based around one thing, not their career really. VYoung since Senior Bowl and Cutler since he stopped playing, oddly enough. It's the whole stock sky rocketing thing I don't like - it seems that GMs get blinded with it and then just draft them - and don't go with the safer option or whatever. A KEY example is Akili Smith.

Dude, Akili Smith had a phenominal senior year at Oregon. He had one of the best years passing of any quarterback in Pac 10 history. His stock did not just skyrocket after the season or because of some combine work out. He had a fantastic year and got drafted because of it. He is not a good example for you here.

If Bud was Al Davis we would draft Cutler, at least Bud said he prefered Cutler. Then again Young was the only one mentioned by name...

This whole "stock skyrocketing" thing is all in people's mind anyway. Why do fans assume that players' stock is making major changes in the mind of the scouts just because draftnicks just found out about a guy.

Teams and fans are on completely different pages. The fans just don't understand that.

Jets and Cutler

I wonder if some of the incredible hype is because a NY team is considering him...huge number of fans, NY media, national media, if Pennington were healthy I doubt that the hype would be this great..

I do think that has an impact. But even before that came out he was getting a lot of attention because he was the only top QB at the Senior Bowl and now is the only top QB to fully participate at the Combine.

Vigsted said:
If Bud was Al Davis we would draft Cutler, at least Bud said he prefered Cutler. Then again Young was the only one mentioned by name...
If Bud was Al Davis we would have drafted Randy Moss.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back