Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
If he fails the physical he could be cut. That would probably be the all around best situation if we do not want McNair back. If we label him physically unable to play then I think we dodge the cap problem. I am not positive on that one but part of NFL contracts say the player must be in physical shape to play or it is a deal breaker.

If he fails a physical from the Titans, we can't cut him. That's the whole point of not wanting him to get injuried in practice...

Starkiller said:
If he fails a physical from the Titans, we can't cut him. That's the whole point of not wanting him to get injuried in practice...
That's the point of giving McNair the physical -- to make sure the team is not held liable if he somehow injured himself away from Baptist Sports Park.

If McNair was found to have an injury sustained from working out at home which resulted in him being unable to play this season, I assume the Titans have every right to reach an injury settlement and release him.

The $13.5 mil already on the books would count against the cap along with the injury settlement money.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back