Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
funny.............we gave KVB the benefit of the doubt after missing two yrs with knee injuries far worse............but we wont give Ty a break.............people forget at the time of his injury he was having a monster preseason...................i think Ty is going to have a nice yr...........

bongo59 said:
but we wont give Ty a break
I think 90% of Calico's problems are between the ears and he's had a TON of breaks when it comes to the drops due to a lack of concentration.

He better have a breakout preseason or he may not see the field much from September on.

he does not need a monster season...........he needs to click with Volek/VY and he'll be redone.............if not he'll be gone............

bongo59 said:
he does not need a monster season...........he needs to click with Volek/VY and he'll be redone.............if not he'll be gone............
And the Titans desperately need a deep threat but Fisher will never play him ahead of anyone he feels it more reliable.

bulluck4dMVP said:
the past couple articles he has written on ty, he has just bashed him left and right...i dont know if this guy is being truthful or he just has always had a negative view of ty...
Calico has a history of dropping passes. So why is Kuharsky "bashing" him for reporting what he's seeing?

wg53 said:
Is it Ty's fault that Roy Williams horsecollar tackled him and sprained both his knees? And is it his fault that the Titans rushed him back onto the field and worsened the injury before he was out for the year? The answer to both questions is NO.
What difference does it make whose "fault" it is that he's not getting the job done? Either he starts catching the ball or he's gone.

I'm sure Reese and Fisher don't want to give up on a second-round pick and would like to keep him if they can, but Calico has got to give them a reason to want to keep him. The only things in Calico's favor are his potential and his relatively modest cap number. The potential can remain unfulfilled for only so long.

It is still a little early to be thinking about cutting a guy. Let's see how Calico does in camp and the pre-season before we start roasting the guy as a bust. He had issues his rookie year with dropping passes in practice but when he was used early on he responded well. Maybe he will respond and start to look in camp and pre-season like he did before the injury.
Does he need to raise his game a notch and become more reliable? Of course but staying on the team at this point has nothing to do with his draft postion or his salary. It is all about if he can beat out the lowest guy on the roster and if he can't do that he should be gone.

Calico should be staying late every day catching balls from the JUGS machine. Logical place in the order: after Givens and Bennett. Danger from: Bobby Wade, Courtney Roby and Roydell Williams. Should easily beat out Jonathon Orr. Question mark: Grant Mattos. Can he go back to the PS? He was mentioned some days ago as having fanastic mini-camps, catching everything thrown his way. Another USC guy.

I'm going to guess like this:

Givens
Bennett
Wade
Calico
Roby
Williams
Mattos

PUP - Jones

PS - Small, Orr, Thomas(?) - is he still with us?

I kind of hate listing Roby ahead of Williams, but Roby has the speed (though Roydell has the moves) - I think if Calico fails to give them that burner speed, they'll try Roby next.

TC was a gamble on greatness pick and if he doesn't show something soon, he won't be around too much longer. He's got the computer numbers, but...

Can he stay healthy?
Can he catch the ball?
Repeat!

Gut

PS - A MONSTER pre-season doesn't exactly earn you a MONSTER paycheck or MOSTER playing time. He'll need to have a decent pre-season and THEN show something when the games count. If he doesn't step up, someone else will and if he gets buried on this depth chart, he may never come up for air!

Calico's problem is consistency. Injury sminjury. He bobbled the ball before his injury- he was grossly inconsistent.

And BTW, his wheels were shaky before the "horse-collar" tackle. That was the risk Reese took on him and it didn't pay off.

3 years of "huge potential" that has developed on the field equals a bust. I hate dumping a 2nd round choice, but I hate watching him bobble balls on seam or fly routes worse.

Quote Friday from Fisher regarding Calico":

"Yeah, consistency is the issue with the hands. The legs are there, and the understanding is there. He’s just been inconsistent catching it, and he needs to continue to work on that … I think time will contribute to it a little bit, but the more and more catches, the more consistent he’ll become."

bigtitan53279 said:
if he's going to rip the guy, he could at least get the facts right. he'll be an unresticted free agent this offseason.

He did get his facts right, "this offseason" is happening right now. "Next offseason" starts in February 2007.

Actually he got it wrong (unless he has a very unusual contract).

"Now he's in the final year of his initial contract, which calls for a $460,000 base salary and would make him a restricted free agent next season."

PaCmAn 4 MvP32 said:
My list is :

Bennett
Givens
Jones
Roby
Wade
Williams
O.J. Small.

You would cut Calico?

Brandon Jones will probably go on the Physically Unable to Perform list. We won't see him until the end of the year, at least, if they're smart.

Starkiller said:
Actually he got it wrong (unless he has a very unusual contract).

"Now he's in the final year of his initial contract, which calls for a $460,000 base salary and would make him a restricted free agent next season."

Whoops, missed that. He'll be unrestricted. Good catch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back