Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know, Huff- I see where you are coming at, but I think a good fine, a serious talk, and having White apologize to the team would be enough- btw, are we even sure White is sitting out and if he is is this even the reason?

titansfan9 said:
but thats where I say thats Nickey's problem,
Right, my point is if LW had just had a punching brawl with Nickey it would have been over. But spitting is a ethics violation, because it violates you in a personal way, and it can cause a team cancer to grow.

Sit his spit tonight.

titansfan9 said:
.. I think a good fine, a serious talk, and having White apologize to the team would be enough- btw, are we even sure White is sitting out and if he is is this even the reason?
And that might have been enough punishment, but we have to trust Fisher to do what he's getting paid big dollars to do.

And no, I'm not sure of any of this, probably should be in the Rumor Mill.

yeah, I understand you, but it may not even be the reason White could be sitting out, he could be sore- and what if Nickey violated a code of ethics, you know what I mean, but White is just not saying anything...

White Unlikely to Play in Opener

SUMMARY: Rookie RB LenDale White will likely be forced to sit out tonight's preseason opener because as a result of disciplinary action for a practice incident Thursday, a team official confirmed. White spit on S Donnie Nickey in practice on Thursday morning leading to a fight initiated by Nickey a few plays later. On Friday, Coach Jeff Fisher said White would play in the game after Chris Brown and Travis Henry played the first half. Jarrett Payton and Quinton Ganther will get additional playing time if White is not allowed to play.

What do you think about this article? Post your comments below.

Hoffa said:
The team has a code of ethics, LW violated it, and Fisher has to set the punishment he thinks it deserves. I trust Fisher's judgemnent in this situation better than any poster here.

Amen to that. If LW has an attitude I wan't Fisher to stomp it out of him as soon as possible

yeah, this is pretty much just a rumor, and the Tennessean could be reporting it because it is on 3 or 4 different websites like this...

well never mind, I still not so sure about this story, because of what Fisher said about White's PT yesterday- my question is what would have made him change his mind overnight over an incident that happened two days ago...

titansfan9 said:
but thats where I say thats Nickey's problem, he didn't retalitate on the same play which I would have understood and I would have completely took his side if he had retaliated once White spit on him, but he did 30secs after, and not only that he wasn't in the play but came in from behind, swinging his helment- and he is the 3 year veteran Titan in the situation...

yes he did swing the helmet within seconds (not 30) and it was the same play

titansfan9 said:
the Tennessean could be reporting it because it is on 3 or 4 different websites like this...

You think?

goTitans.com said:
SUMMARY: Rookie RB LenDale White will likely be forced to sit out tonight's preseason opener because as a result of disciplinary action for a practice incident Thursday, a team official confirmed

I talked to a friend last nite, and I was asking if its really that big a deal. He played football through college, and he said its a HUGE deal. You can fight with someone, say bad things about his momma, and its forgive and forget, but spitting is an absolute no no. He said its pretty much the worst thing you can do to another player. As he said "think about it, the last time you heard about a player spitting on a guy was Bill Romanowski."

As a fan, it sucks that we wont get to see him play. But Fisher needs to take a stand on this, to prevent a rerun of last year.

Hoffa said:
Right, my point is if LW had just had a punching brawl with Nickey it would have been over. But spitting is a ethics violation, because it violates you in a personal way, and it can cause a team cancer to grow.

Sit his spit tonight.

Exactly.

To put Lendale's punishment in perpective - Last season in the Redskins / Tampa Pay playoffs Redskin Sean Taylor was ejected from the game and fined 17,000 for spitting on Tampa's Michael Pittman.

LazyManJackson said:
Wow, punching a guy in the face is better than spitting.

Dude I kno ur not serious but look at the UFC,Pride or boxing.After a fight bad blood is usually forgotten. Imagine if one fighter spat at another mid fight. The bad blood would never end.

:spit: :crazy: :helmet:

You know this stuff happens every year. I was watching the NFL Network one day a few weeks ago. I somehow got caught up in watching an "Inside Training Camp: Jaguars" from a few years ago. I saw a rookie spit in another guys face and then half the team ended up in a brawl in the middle of the field at midday. I would say that this "rookie spitting in faces" thing is pretty common. I would bet you that if Pacman was in camp last year, this would have happened last year with him. It's certain rooks with that "I was a higher pick than you so I'm better than you" attitude. I am guessing that a lot of the times, the person who is spat on is just giving a young teammate advice. The rook just takes it the wrong way. It may have been what happened the other day.

Sukrillux said:
I am guessing that a lot of the times, the person who is spat on is just giving a young teammate advice. The rook just takes it the wrong way. It may have been what happened the other day.

Could be.

Could also be that the rookie was also showing a tremendous amount of disrespect toward his teammate.

so when LenDale spits on someone he has to sit, but when Cortland Finnegan is charged with DUI he's allowed to play? kinda retarded to me..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back