Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hoffa said:
Not to me.
Two very different offenses. Bad judgement off the field, versus a violation of the teams code of ethics on the field against a teammate.

Absolutely.

You practice and play together as a team.

If you want to participate as an individual, try golf.

Hoffa said:
Not to me.
Two very different offenses. Bad judgement off the field, versus a violation of the teams code of ethics on the field against a teammate.

breaking the law takes a back seat to a bit of saliva?

well the Titans can deal with their rules violations ( lougi patrol), and Starks will have to deal with his lega situation. If he broke his contract, and I am betting he did, the the NFL will get involved.

Hoffa said:
Who said that?
Breaking a state law is dealt with in the courts.
Breaking a team law is dealt with by Fisher.

I am comparing White to Finnegan and his DUI.

Finnegan breaks the law and doesnt sit.

White sprays a little saliva and is done.

Just doesnt make sense to me.

Finnegan will be delt with by the NFL.

Not sure but I think there will be classes and fines and such for a "drug" violation. One of the main reasons McNair fought his DUI so hard, that and the renegade cop who pulled him over was stalking celebrities (he pulled over a Democratic party fat cat the week before he pulled over McNair and he killed a bank robber for driving towards him in a crowded parking lot the next week.)

nigel said:
As he said "think about it, the last time you heard about a player spitting on a guy was Bill Romanowski."

As a fan, it sucks that we wont get to see him play. But Fisher needs to take a stand on this, to prevent a rerun of last year.
I didn't have a problem with White sitting the game out. It is best that he did. It sent the proper message to White. That was a very special game being the first one and his former teammate Bush on the other sideline. I'm sure he would have liked to have gone out there and stolen the show but now because he had a mental lapse he will never have that one back. I'm just posting here now because the last time I heard of anyone spitting was during the post season last year when a Redskin DB was ejected from the game. That only legitimizes further Fisher's actions which I support. I am just opposed to making assumptions and premature conclusions without the proper report.

http://abcnews.go.com/Sports/wireStory?id=1482638&CMP=OTC-RSSFeeds0312

I also believe it's absolute crap that one player sits and the others don't, not just Finnegan for breaking the law, but also Nickey for attempting to strike someone with a weapon (his helmet turns into one once he swings it). It's a bad message to send in the NFL if you just say, "Heck you broke the law no problem, see you after you bail out and make it to the game."

2ToneBlue said:
I also believe it's absolute crap that one player sits and the others don't, not just Finnegan for breaking the law, but also Nickey for attempting to strike someone with a weapon (his helmet turns into one once he swings it). It's a bad message to send in the NFL if you just say, "Heck you broke the law no problem, see you after you bail out and make it to the game."
Nickey doesn't exactly have special Reynaldology passover blood to dap on his locker to keep the Angel of Roster from cutting him and rendering his career essentially dead, if only to be resurrected by the waiver wire. Plus he got spat at and I'm sure that's enough to get ticked at in the heat. It's not right but I'm just saying it might have something to do with him being a candidate for a cut so they want to be sure to get him some work.

Plus there might have been a risk angle. You are taking less of a chance by sitting LenDale. (more time to heal as well) Plus that just might be some horrible karma for him to go out there just after spittin on folks.

Most of all he just couldn't not do something about it because that would look weak, and that is the last thing Fisher needs. If he just "loses" the team again, he might be gone. I don't think that means that it's an automatic if we only win, say 5-6 games this year.

About the DUI stuff. I'm sure most folks that get 1 or two dui don't lose their jobs over it. He might be able to afford it real good but if it gets to that point they will revoke his licence or something. I don't know but I think the NFL shouldn't pass over the line of letting these guys be private citizens.

SEC 330 BIPOLAR said:
Nickey doesn't exactly have special Reynaldology passover blood to dap on his locker to keep the Angel of Roster from cutting him and rendering his career essentially dead, if only to be resurrected by the waiver wire. Plus he got spat at and I'm sure that's enough to get ticked at in the heat. It's not right but I'm just saying it might have something to do with him being a candidate for a cut so they want to be sure to get him some work.

Plus there might have been a risk angle. You are taking less of a chance by sitting LenDale. (more time to heal as well) Plus that just might be some horrible karma for him to go out there just after spittin on folks.

Most of all he just couldn't not do something about it because that would look weak, and that is the last thing Fisher needs. If he just "loses" the team again, he might be gone. I don't think that means that it's an automatic if we only win, say 5-6 games this year.

About the DUI stuff. I'm sure most folks that get 1 or two dui don't lose their jobs over it. He might be able to afford it real good but if it gets to that point they will revoke his licence or something. I don't know but I think the NFL shouldn't pass over the line of letting these guys be private citizens.
1. Spit doesn't break bones like a helmet would, both should be sitting if one is because they both lost control completely. Both are horrible displays of how a football player should act, although it does happen all the time. Can't favor one over the other.
2. Playing rookies for NFL experience is what pre-season is for, but yes if he's hurt keep him out.
3. Weakness would be making a spitter sit and a Romo-style helmet swing is acceptable. Consitancy is strength.
4. I understand about the DUI stuff, but these aren't private citizens. I know that a lot of people in the public eye would get fired or have some kind of action taken if they were caught DUI, and generally breaking the law. Where I work if you do something to bring a high level of attention to yourself, even outside of work, you will be fired. Granted it's not like a DUI single occurance but spousal abuse caused someone here at our office thier job...

I don't think it was wrong to hold out White, just unfair to him to watch the person he got into a fight with out there playing.

2ToneBlue said:
1. Spit doesn't break bones like a helmet would, both should be sitting if one is.

Not a chance.

If that's the case, they'd be pulling guys of the street to play pre-season games because TC fights go on every day.

But, spitting on another players is just disrespectful. And, is worthy of suspension.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back