Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fire Vrabel and hire an offensive minded coach? You mean like Ken Whisenhunt? Frank Reich?

We have not had the talent on the offensive side of the ball. Poor line, WRs and an aging declining veteran QB replaced with a rookie.

Before Tannehill's decline, Lewan's decline and the stupid Brownie trade we were a SB contender.

It is moronic to fire a decent experienced and still young head coach.

Wow. An article written using an op/ed piece written by a Boston sports journalist who is speculating on reasons the Patriots would hire Vrabel as the only source of information. Sounds reliable.
These fan run "News" sites can be rather special. I end up with articles from the Patriots fan sites in my Google feed a lot and end up reading them and can say they are probably the most special. Take the dumbest people who call into sports radio shows and that's the kind of stuff on those Patriots sites have

View attachment 21287

This guy is basically calling Ran Carthon a "diversity hire." That's a pretty strong accusation. He also doesn't explain why the NFL had a "Heavy Hand" with AAS. Why her? Why not force the alleged "diversity hire" on another team, a bigger market.

I don't buy any of it.

Last edited by a moderator:
These fan run "News" sites can be rather special. I end up with articles from the Patriots fan sites in my Google feed a lot and end up reading them and can say they are probably the most special. Take the dumbest people who call into sports radio shows and that's the kind of stuff on those Patriots sites have

View attachment 21287

This guy is basically calling Ran Carthon a "diversity hire." That's a pretty strong accusation. He also doesn't explain why the NFL had a "Heavy Hand" with AAS. Why her? Why not force the alleged "diversity hire" on another team, a bigger market.

I don't buy any of it.
No explanation for what the issues were in SF regarding job performance? Just the accusation of some.

Fire Vrabel and hire an offensive minded coach? You mean like Ken Whisenhunt? Frank Reich?

We have not had the talent on the offensive side of the ball. Poor line, WRs and an aging declining veteran QB replaced with a rookie.

Before Tannehill's decline, Lewan's decline and the stupid Brownie trade we were a SB contender.

I’ve been told just because you fail once, doesn’t mean you shouldn’t try again.

I keep hearing all these roster declines since 2021 but outside of Brown and THill getting older, there doesn’t seem to be much argument for who on the roster changed that dramatically changed the team’s record.
2022, with “aging THill” the team started 7-3.
Lewan hasn’t been a factor since 2020 anyway.
Brown’s production has been nearly reproduced by Hopkins.

as I’ve stated before, other than Ben Jones, the roster has not changed much since a 12-5, then 7-3 start.
It’d be moronic to think the HC doesn’t have some blame in that.

View attachment 21287

I don't buy any of it.
That article also says that Vrabes and Carthon do NOT have a good relationship. How do they know that? I've seen nothing to indicate this is so.

Fire him?

Certainly not. At least not at this point anyways. But if NE comes calling with a 1st rounder, I will drive him to NE.

View attachment 21287

I don't buy any of it.
Internet is the devil. This idiot is questioning AAS, Ran, and Vrable’s character just for clicks. Hell, we are discussing this on a message board filled with idiots who speculate about pro-athletes and their motivations simply to make themselves feel important.

But, yeah, it’s fun.

Best reader comment in that MCM article:

"Jimmy, you're better than to give this baseless click bait article attention.
Bedard gives exactly ZERO evidence or sources to back his wild claims, and he is the only person stating such non-sense. Of the candidates available at the time, Carthon was always a favorite, not just by us but by a couple other franchises that had hired new GMs of which Carthon was a finalist for.

Do we really believe that in all that reporting that was done regarding Carthon, not one single report came out or alluded to him being pushed as a diversity hire by the league?

They did such an amazing job keeping it a secret until just now when Bedard decides its prudent to let that slip? He is a beat journalist, why would he hold onto to something like that till now?

Why would anyone unless they wanted to rock the boat and ride the wave of small media attention this is getting amongst Patriot and Titans fans?

Patriot fans are large in number and displeased with everything up in Boston, so any reports that include a path to Belichick moving on is eye candy.

The whole story stinks unsubstantiated rumors and whispers that never have sources or evidence wish journalism would take more pride in what it reported on instead of writing whatever got views and clicks. But hey, they've got bills to pay like the rest of us
."

I keep hearing all these roster declines since 2021 but outside of Brown and THill getting older, there doesn’t seem to be much argument for who on the roster changed that dramatically changed the team’s record.
2022, with “aging THill” the team started 7-3.
Lewan hasn’t been a factor since 2020 anyway.
Brown’s production has been nearly reproduced by Hopkins.

as I’ve stated before, other than Ben Jones, the roster has not changed much since a 12-5, then 7-3 start.
It’d be moronic to think the HC doesn’t have some blame in that.[/QUOTE]

Lewan had the ACL injury in 2020 when he was just 29 years old. Not sure how that is Vrabel's fault. Vrabel did not draft Wilson either did he?

Losing Brown is no small thing he is one of the best WRs in the league.

Who was primarily behind drafting Malik Willis? We traded up for him. A wasted pick.

Best reader comment in that MCM article:

"Jimmy, you're better than to give this baseless click bait article attention.
Bedard gives exactly ZERO evidence or sources to back his wild claims, and he is the only person stating such non-sense. Of the candidates available at the time, Carthon was always a favorite, not just by us but by a couple other franchises that had hired new GMs of which Carthon was a finalist for.

Do we really believe that in all that reporting that was done regarding Carthon, not one single report came out or alluded to him being pushed as a diversity hire by the league?

They did such an amazing job keeping it a secret until just now when Bedard decides its prudent to let that slip? He is a beat journalist, why would he hold onto to something like that till now?

Why would anyone unless they wanted to rock the boat and ride the wave of small media attention this is getting amongst Patriot and Titans fans?

Patriot fans are large in number and displeased with everything up in Boston, so any reports that include a path to Belichick moving on is eye candy.

The whole story stinks unsubstantiated rumors and whispers that never have sources or evidence wish journalism would take more pride in what it reported on instead of writing whatever got views and clicks. But hey, they've got bills to pay like the rest of us
."
Excellent response

Lewan had the ACL injury in 2020 when he was just 29 years old. Not sure how that is Vrabel's fault. Vrabel did not draft Wilson either did he?

Losing Brown is no small thing he is one of the best WRs in the league.

Who was primarily behind drafting Malik Willis? We traded up for him. A wasted pick.
Let’s assume Vrabel was 100% hands off for Brown, Panda, or Willis.
As you pointed out, Lewan went down in 2020, so clearly zero effect on a 12-5, #1 seed or the following 7-3 start, he wasn’t missed.

are you suggesting that the Brown trade is what dropped this team from 7-3 to 4-14?

this is the question. If the roster is in such shambles from 2021, who is gone that has made this difference?
So far I’ve heard THill got older, AJ Brown was traded, and I’ve realized the biggest loss was Ben Jones.
Brown’s production has been close to replaced by Hopkins. (Brown 70 YPG/ .66 TD to Hopkins 63.5 YPG/ .36 TD)

Let’s assume Vrabel was 100% hands off for Brown, Panda, or Willis.
As you pointed out, Lewan went down in 2020, so clearly zero effect on a 12-5, #1 seed or the following 7-3 start, he wasn’t missed.

are you suggesting that the Brown trade is what dropped this team from 7-3 to 4-14?

this is the question. If the roster is in such shambles from 2021, who is gone that has made this difference?
So far I’ve heard THill got older, AJ Brown was traded, and I’ve realized the biggest loss was Ben Jones.
Brown’s production has been close to replaced by Hopkins. (Brown 70 YPG/ .66 TD to Hopkins 63.5 YPG/ .36 TD)

4-14? Tell me how that happens.

Comparing career stats for Brown and Hopkins is moronic. Brown is just 26 years old and averaging 91 yards a game for the Eagles.

4-14? Tell me how that happens.

Comparing career stats for Brown and Hopkins is moronic. Brown is just 26 years old and averaging 91 yards a game for the Eagles.
Coaching.

And you’re right, comparing career stats would be stupid, so I didn’t.
I compared their stats in Tennessee. Very comparable considering the same coach and offensive strategy.

But please tell me why what AJ Brown is doing in Philly has any bearing on what he did in Tennessee?

In 2022 this much discussed 7-3 start was a fugazi. The 2022 Titans were a bad team from the hump, they just had a better schedule and THill healthy.

Wins
Raiders
Colts
Commanders
Colts
Texans
Broncos
Packers

Losses
Giants
Bills
Chiefs

We didn’t have 1 win against a playoff team, not one. Why do any of you think this team was good and then just collapsed. The decline started under JRob, not after. He was fired after the loss to Philly. This is a bad team that didnt replace our lost or declining players. Does Vrabel have culpability? Of course. But this is not all on him. What games were we supposed to win with Willis starting? Or Dobbs. Bad OLine …. Bad roster. Bad QBs can win with that ?? Please don’t. Dobbs is 2-11 as a starter this year.

It’s a bad team. Has been for 2 seasons.

In 2022 this much discussed 7-3 start was a fugazi. The 2022 Titans were a bad team from the hump, they just had a better schedule and THill healthy.

Wins
Raiders
Colts
Commanders
Colts
Texans
Broncos
Packers

Losses
Giants
Bills
Chiefs

We didn’t have 1 win against a playoff team, not one. Why do any of you think this team was good and then just collapsed. The decline started under JRob, not after. He was fired after the loss to Philly. This is a bad team that didnt replace our lost or declining players. Does Vrabel have culpability? Of course. But this is not all on him. What games were we supposed to win with Willis starting? Or Dobbs. Bad OLine …. Bad roster. Bad QBs can win with that ?? Please don’t. Dobbs is 2-11 as a starter this year.

It’s a bad team. Has been for 2 seasons.
So who changed from 2021 to 2022 that made the 22’ team so bad even if faking for 10 games?
In this post I see:
THill wasn’t healthy.
Then Along the same lines you mentioned Willis and Dobbs not being good.
Add “bad OL” and “bad roster” but who were those difference makers that took the #1 seed to being a bad team with a fake 7-3 start.

Or, is this where the argument starts that 2021 was also a bad roster and super Vrabel just got super production out of them and can’t do it again?

So who changed from 2021 to 2022 that made the 22’ team so bad even if faking for 10 games?
In this post I see:
THill wasn’t healthy.
Then Along the same lines you mentioned Willis and Dobbs not being good.
Add “bad OL” and “bad roster” but who were those difference makers that took the #1 seed to being a bad team with a fake 7-3 start.

Or, is this where the argument starts that 2021 was also a bad roster and super Vrabel just got super production out of them and can’t do it again?

AJ Brown

3 years of Bad Drafts finally caught up with the team.
Saffold
David Long
Nate Davis
Demarcus Walker
Cruikshank
Rashad Evans
Jayon Brown

Salary cap hell.

Im curious… do you think this current team is just the same as the 2021 team? Has the same talent? Depth and all?

It’s not. The team has been rotting for 3 years. What happened in the playoffs in. 2021…. Answer that.

AJ Brown

3 years of Bad Drafts finally caught up with the team.
Saffold
David Long
Nate Davis
Demarcus Walker
Cruikshank
Rashad Evans
Jayon Brown

Salary cap hell.

Im curious… do you think this current team is just the same as the 2021 team? Has the same talent? Depth and all?

It’s not. The team has been rotting for 3 years. What happened in the playoffs in. 2021…. Answer that.
I’ll start by saying I don’t think that list is a dramatic drop type of players BUT:

I think 2021 was an over achievement. I don’t think Tennessee was actually the best team in the AFC but no other team ran away with it and the Titans beat the immediate competition.
They’ve always played KC tough and happened to beat the Bills that year. Everyone else was another game back.

that said I don’t think this roster is very good. Some key players and the D seemed like it should be better going into the season.
I think Nate Davis was a pretty big loss but in hindsight, G seemed fine last year. Not listed, but I think Ben Jones was the biggest loss. Coincidently injured around the same time the 7-3 start fell off.

I think the draft failures prevent the team from improving but that would mean someone left that the void wasn’t filled.
Long and Brown must’ve been able to
Tackle better but complaints were they couldn’t cover. Evans wasn’t really that great either.
Cruikshank is an undersold loss as either the nickel Corner or whoever followed TEs around.
Saffold was decent just too expensive and shouldn’t be as hard to replace.

again to sum up, the difference between 2021 to the collapse of 22 and current mess of 23 would be THill old, Saffold, Nate Davis, Ben Jones (my addition), a handful of LB.
To me, that isn’t a dramatic difference which is why I think the #1 seed was an over performance.
Because of that, I think Vrabel gets way more credit than he should. He’s really not that good. Even if he coached a roster to the #1 seed, many of those same players are no longer responding.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back